2015-11-07 - Glasgow
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 5
Videos: 2
  1. Originally posted by gmc:I think I seriously "lost" it when Larry Mullen not so Jr started banging the skins to the intro of Gloria.Yep,2nd song in,oh my word it was just sublime.I belted out 2,3,4 at the top of my lungs then just went into a world of my own.Edge's chimes,out of this world Adam bass & the B mans vocals as strong as they have been.I think I might now make that bass solo a ring tone for my cell I had a feeling at that point it was going off in the house.Then Edge did his magic trick of doing a new solo in Vertigo I Will Follow was just immense here,kept up the energy.The David Essex snippet Hold Me Close in Iris is one of those perfect fits in a song,it so works in this context.Anyone old enough to know this knows the lyric by heart,it's basically a 70's classic (showing my age there lol)

I personally felt the best portion of the gig was from Invisible onwards via the cage / screen (the way they exited was so a 21st Century update of coming out of the Lemon) Songs performed on the e-stage were incredible.BTBS felt a bit wayward,but they have varied that tune live since it's inception.Then I felt as though WOWY was as good a performance in a long,long time of that song.He then threw in LWTUA,unreal.Then...then...shine like stars ! Doesn't get any better than that,does it ? Surely not.The lad he brought up during COBL seemed a bit overwhelmed,but fair play I thought he was great.Well played young 'un.The B man gave him his glasses,then swapped jackets and off he went.But wait,what's that in the pocket ? Got a feeling the lads phone was going off,I think Bono gave him his jacket back,hope so.

And then it happened.It does get better.The ultimate,the absolute best of the best,the opening to Bad.Some things just can't be explained,and I do believe the transition from this to a full band 40 may well be the greatest thing I've had the privilege to witness from this band.I did start up the "How Long ?" on the way out I might add lol Not as privileged to have been to as many gigs as a lot of people have (only 11 from Zooropa '93 onwards) but I'm gonna have my moment in the sun and bask in it.That was certainly up there with anything I've seen in my previous 10 shows.If you've seen this tour you may,or as the case may be,not agree.If you are waiting for your show to arrive,then breathe it in,soak it up and embrace it.You are about to witness unadulterated musical greatness.

So from a fan of 33 years standing,thanks boys,you still & will always know how to play rock n roll.November 7th 2015 was,in one word, EPIC !

Thank you U2 & thank you Scotland

Mate, were you there?! No way, I was probably feet from you!!
    I totally lost it when Gloria started too. And the mate I was with (more a casual fan) couldn't quite understand why I lost my shit to such a huge extent at the end of WOWY
    Desperately wanted to do a full voice sing-along to "I'm wide awake..." but probably more acurrately resembled a strangled cat I'd been giving it too much
    Best gig I've been to, hands down. Amazing.
  2. Originally posted by djrlewis:[..]

Mate, were you there?! No way, I was probably feet from you!!
    I totally lost it when Gloria started too. And the mate I was with (more a casual fan) couldn't quite understand why I lost my shit to such a huge extent at the end of WOWY
    Desperately wanted to do a full voice sing-along to "I'm wide awake..." but probably more acurrately resembled a strangled cat I'd been giving it too much
    Best gig I've been to, hands down. Amazing.
    Hey Dan,long time no see brother.Hope all is good To my detriment I don't visit here much tbh What was once an open window on my task bar when I logged into a PC / tablet & checked constantly faded away in recent times.Didn't even give it a thought If I'm honest about meet ups etc but it's great to see that people are meeting up in North America & Europe for this tour.The world is definitely a smaller place due to evolution.Sorry bud,but 2016 is on the horizon I reckon

"Best gig I've been to,hands down.Amazing' - brilliant,not really much can be said to be fair.Fantastic that you can say that.For me,it's up there.Zooropa '93 at Wembley gets my vote,closely followed by the 2 Popmart shows from Wembley & Roundhay Park.This is on a different level from those,it's unique.Best I've seen them indoors by a country mile.Maybe because it's getting to the end of the tour and they've been playing since May to get things they wanted right ie set lists & being 'tight' but this show was epic from start to finish.The band,the set list,the venue,the crowd...I'm sure the previous shows give that kind of meaning to those that went too.

As you say,Gloria was the start (I think I shouted the 'Hey,this is Red Rocks' bit lol & Adams bass holy moly!) WOWOY had everything & Bad / 40 still gives me shivers.Well,some things you just can't explain,and if your mate the casual fan doesn't understand then let him carry on.You can guarantee that when he hears that tune again he'll remember you losing your sh*t in Glasgow 2015 He probably doesn't understand why they'd play a song like Gloria over ISHFWILF,but Saturday may sway him on that argument.

Yep,it was probably,like we say 'I was there' I've been asked many times what it was like & the only word I can use to describe it is epic.It really was...

Take care,Dan
  3. There certainly was a special atmosphere on Saturday. Best u2 gig I've seen and I have attended 15 since 1993. Might have been because I was suitably drunk on cider haha
  4. Best I have seen them for a while, indoor venues work great....hope they stay indoors for next leg of the tour.

Paperless entry a new thing for me, still like the ticket method...... that so I have been trying to get my hands on a Glasgow 1 ticket stub if anybody has one spare please?
  5. I have never been disappointed at a U2 gig, other than the dreadful sound at a Zooropa Cologne 1993.

My only disappointment so far this tour is that I still haven't found what I'm looking for which is ISHFWILF !

Where is WILF ?!
  6. Originally posted by superkev:There certainly was a special atmosphere on Saturday. Best u2 gig I've seen and I have attended 15 since 1993. Might have been because I was suitably drunk on cider haha
    And Guinness and Desperado's
  7. Originally posted by gmc:[..]
    Hey Dan,long time no see brother.Hope all is good To my detriment I don't visit here much tbh What was once an open window on my task bar when I logged into a PC / tablet & checked constantly faded away in recent times.Didn't even give it a thought If I'm honest about meet ups etc but it's great to see that people are meeting up in North America & Europe for this tour.The world is definitely a smaller place due to evolution.Sorry bud,but 2016 is on the horizon I reckon

"Best gig I've been to,hands down.Amazing' - brilliant,not really much can be said to be fair.Fantastic that you can say that.For me,it's up there.Zooropa '93 at Wembley gets my vote,closely followed by the 2 Popmart shows from Wembley & Roundhay Park.This is on a different level from those,it's unique.Best I've seen them indoors by a country mile.Maybe because it's getting to the end of the tour and they've been playing since May to get things they wanted right ie set lists & being 'tight' but this show was epic from start to finish.The band,the set list,the venue,the crowd...I'm sure the previous shows give that kind of meaning to those that went too.

As you say,Gloria was the start (I think I shouted the 'Hey,this is Red Rocks' bit lol & Adams bass holy moly!) WOWOY had everything & Bad / 40 still gives me shivers.Well,some things you just can't explain,and if your mate the casual fan doesn't understand then let him carry on.You can guarantee that when he hears that tune again he'll remember you losing your sh*t in Glasgow 2015 He probably doesn't understand why they'd play a song like Gloria over ISHFWILF,but Saturday may sway him on that argument.

Yep,it was probably,like we say 'I was there' I've been asked many times what it was like & the only word I can use to describe it is epic.It really was...

Take care,Dan
    Yeah mate, all good thanks, hope all is well with you too.
    You have a point about Popmart (I was at Wembley too). I do think that the indoor/outdoor makes a difference. Also, my U2 fanboy status was only in its infancy back in '97 so I didn't fully appreciate what was going on. This was as good as that. Certainly better than Elevation and Vertigo tours (bearing in mind I only went to one show per tour; I appreciate there were some epic shows on those tours). Just preferred the setlist and audience participation to put it ahead of 360.

Nah, he got Gloria

You too mate, maybe see you in 2016

8. I missed this. What was shown if anything?
  9. Sound bites from fans outside before and after the gig, interviews with unimportant people, and they showed Invisible, The Miracle and The Electric Co.
  10. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Sound bites from fans outside before and after the gig, interviews with unimportant people, and they showed Invisible, The Miracle and The Electric Co.
    In its entirety?