1. I wouldn't mind 'Magnificent'. As an encore it would do rather well, I think.

And I don't believe someone is already tired of it yet
  2. Originally posted by nicocoppens:I wouldn't mind 'Magnificent'. As an encore it would do rather well, I think.

And I don't believe someone is already tired of it yet
    Hi
  3. Do you think swapping City Of Blinding Lights and Invisible would work? Maybe add The Fly a la Elevation tour in the encore? 11 O'Clock Tick Tock would be brilliant.

Apologies to all those people thinking fuck sake another setlist thread.
  4. Originally posted by iTim:1. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    2. Gloria / The Electric Co. / Two Hearts Beat As One / 11 O'Clock Tick Tock / I Threw A Brick
    3. Out Of Control / Twilight / Stories For Boys / A Day Without Me
    4. I Will Follow
    5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
    6. Song For Someone
    7. Cedarwood Road
    8. Raised By wolves
    9. Please
    10. Until The End Of The World

11. Invisible
    12. Even Better Than The Real Thing
    13. Discotheque
    14. =========
    15. e-stage fun with at least one song from SOI here every night
    16. =========
    17. City Of Blinding Lights / Vertigo
    18. Bullet The Blue Sky
    19. Running To Stand Still
    20. Where the Streets Have No Name

21. Beautiful Day
    22. Bad / All I Want Is You / One / With Or Without You / I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    23. The Troubles
    24. Every Breaking Wave (full band)

I would like this. Maybe swap Even Better Than The Real Thing (as good as it is) with Mysterious Ways. Please altering with Sunday Bloody Sunday too. 14 and 15 I think we can all agree with needs A LOT more variety. Think it needs at least one tour debut/rarity every night. Like I've asked before, what do they have to lose??? I'm not sure about the City Of Blinding Lights into Bullet, didn't work for me during the time they did it.

I'd like Ultraviolet and Magnificent brought back in. Maybe every second/third night. Wouldn't mind a full performance of Hands and One Step Closer. Both sounded brilliant during rehearsals
  5. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:[..]

I would like this. Maybe swap Even Better Than The Real Thing (as good as it is) with Mysterious Ways. Please altering with Sunday Bloody Sunday too. 14 and 15 I think we can all agree with needs A LOT more variety. Think it needs at least one tour debut/rarity every night. Like I've asked before, what do they have to lose??? I'm not sure about the City Of Blinding Lights into Bullet, didn't work for me during the time they did it.

I'd like Ultraviolet and Magnificent brought back in. Maybe every second/third night. Wouldn't mind a full performance of Hands and One Step Closer. Both sounded brilliant during rehearsals
    I love this, too. Don't think you'll see WOWY rotated though. I like DMMacdonald's idea of Please/SBS in rotation. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing BTBS going away, either, but that ain't gonna happen, I'm sure.

Ultraviolet... Can't figure what the deal is there. Did they burn it out on 360? I'm kinda surprised they haven't done it yet. That would be a good to rotate with UTEOTW every few nights to keep them both fresh. (Neither of them ever get old, but every other night would keep it fresh for all of you going multiple nights...

And MOS should definitely come back into the fold for a rotated closer...

And look, just like that we've added Pop and NLOTH into the set!
  6. This probably isn't going to happen but it would be cool:

1. The Miracle
    2. Out Of Control / Gloria / Two Hearts Beat As One / Electric Co. / 11 O'Clock
    3. Vertigo / Elevation / Volcano
    4. I Will Follow / something else from Boy, Tim's idea is perfect
    5. Iris
    6. Cedarwood Road
    7. Song For Someone (We all need to have a toilet break)
    8. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Please
    9. Raised By Wolves
    10. Until The End Of The World
    ---------------------Intermission----------------------------
    11. Zoo Station / Invisible / Mofo
    12. Even Better Than The Real Thing / The Fly
    13. Discotheque / Mysterious Ways
    14, 15, 16. Mix it up. Some new songs, some old songs. Kite, STATS and accoustic NLOTH for example
    17. Bullet The Blue Sky
    18. Pride / Running To Standstill
    19. Beautiful Day
    20. With Or Without You / All I Want is You
    21. Where The Streets Have No Name (WITHOUT THE SPEECH)
    Encore
    22. A rock song (HMTMKMKM, LNOE, Gone, Acrobat, even The Fly etc.)
    23. The Troubles / Bad / Moment Of Surrender
    24. One / I Still Haven't Found / 40

COBL is overplayed and sounds tired, BD has the same effect on me but I know they will keep that. EBW full band is welcome, but the Edge and Bono version isn't. I really hope for some Pop stuff, also the more unknown songs on R&H are very welcome.

I think the first part of the set is very good, but the second part is too dependent on what the E-stage brings and if Bad or something else special shows up (imo of course) at least BTBS is great and Pride sounds better than the last tours. I think Streets really needs a good intro and not a speech, other than that I miss a rock song in the encore.
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I love this, too. Don't think you'll see WOWY rotated though. I like DMMacdonald's idea of Please/SBS in rotation. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing BTBS going away, either, but that ain't gonna happen, I'm sure.

Ultraviolet... Can't figure what the deal is there. Did they burn it out on 360? I'm kinda surprised they haven't done it yet. That would be a good to rotate with UTEOTW every few nights to keep them both fresh. (Neither of them ever get old, but every other night would keep it fresh for all of you going multiple nights...

And MOS should definitely come back into the fold for a rotated closer...

And look, just like that we've added Pop and NLOTH into the set!

I don't think I personally would rotate anything with Bullet and Until The End Of The World. I love both songs and don't think anything can replace them. Moment Of Surrender would do well in the slot we normally get Bad and The Troubles. I have a feeling we'll get a lot more rotation during Europe shows. Think the reason being for them pussying out and not changing it up is that there's celebrities in attendance most nights. Only threat of that in Europe is Barcelona, London and Paris. Should just decide fuck it let's play (rare song, tour debut)
  8. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:[..]

I don't think I personally would rotate anything with Bullet and Until The End Of The World. I love both songs and don't think anything can replace them. Moment Of Surrender would do well in the slot we normally get Bad and The Troubles. I have a feeling we'll get a lot more rotation during Europe shows. Think the reason being for them pussying out and not changing it up is that there's celebrities in attendance most nights. Only threat of that in Europe is Barcelona, London and Paris. Should just decide fuck it let's play (rare song, tour debut)
    I know Bullet will stay. And I love UTEOTW immensely... But I love Ultraviolet equally and if I were going 2 nights, I'd love to 1 each... That's all I'm saying there!

And I'm sure there will be a lot more rotation in Europe. They'll have an extra month to fine tune. I wouldn't rule out seeing some SOE debuts either, as I'll bet they'll be in studio during month lay off. I think the celebrities in attendance was a factor here and also part fine tuning and settling into tour for first few weeks and then not being comfortable enough with debuting as tour went on (i.e.- Two Hearts first sound checked in Chicago a month ago, and finally came out)

I think you are definitely going to get a settled, relaxed and well-oiled U2 for the European run, for sure...
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I know Bullet will stay. And I love UTEOTW immensely... But I love Ultraviolet equally and if I were going 2 nights, I'd love to 1 each... That's all I'm saying there!

And I'm sure there will be a lot more rotation in Europe. They'll have an extra month to fine tune. I wouldn't rule out seeing some SOE debuts either, as I'll bet they'll be in studio during month lay off. I think the celebrities in attendance was a factor here and also part fine tuning and settling into tour for first few weeks and then not being comfortable enough with debuting as tour went on (i.e.- Two Hearts first sound checked in Chicago a month ago, and finally came out)

I think you are definitely going to get a settled, relaxed and well-oiled U2 for the European run, for sure...

Agree with you on a lot of this, one or two SoE songs will get a go on the E-stage. Would still rather both Ultraviolet and Until The End Of The World. Would feel a bit shite if they dropped one and not played the other. Ultraviolet back in the encore like Zoo TV and 360.
  10. A Sort Of Homecoming should make an return too, love that song.
  11. Now that, with 11 O'Clock Tick Tock after would be fucking amazing.