1. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    You take it personally? Isn't that a bit selfish knowing that others have a place in their hearts for that song or just simply like it?
    lol have you read the lyrics to this song believe me its no honour
  2. "If you need someone to blame
    Throw a rock in the air
    You'll hit someone strongly opinionated"
  3. The song topic is definitely a dark one, about wearing a badge of shame... but that doesn't take anything away from the greatness of it. There can be great brilliance in darkness... just listen to Achtung Baby!
  4. That my friend was brilliant.
  5. My set-list would consist of this, If U2 did this and they should really mix it up for Leg 2

01. The Miracle
    02. Two Hearts Beat As One - Gloria
    03. Electric Co. - Out of Control
    04. I Will Follow
    05. Iris
    06. Volcano
    07. Cedarwood Road
    08. Sunday Bloody Sunday - Please
    09. Raised By Wolves
    10. Until The End Of The World

Intermission - Beat on the Brat (U2 Mix) - Wanderer - Zoo Baby

11. Invisible - Magnificent - Zoo Station
    12. The Fly - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    13. Mysterious Ways (Slide Solo)
    14. The Crystal Ballroom
    15. Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World - Vertigo - October - Desire
    16. California - Elevation - New Year's Day - Angel Of Harlem
    17. Every Breaking Wave (Full Band)
    18. Bullet The Blue Sky
    19. Running To Stand Still
    20. Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore

21. This is Where You Can Reach Me Now - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    22. Bad - All I Want Is You - One - City of Blinding Lights - Miracle Drug - Yahweh
    23. With or Without You
    24. 40

Encore 2 on Last Show in 2nd leg Paris

25. Acrobat (To Surprise Fans)
  6. Originally posted by bushido529:My set-list would consist of this, If U2 did this and they should really mix it up for Leg 2

01. The Miracle
    02. Two Hearts Beat As One - Gloria
    03. Electric Co. - Out of Control
    04. I Will Follow
    05. Iris
    06. Volcano
    07. Cedarwood Road
    08. Sunday Bloody Sunday - Please
    09. Raised By Wolves
    10. Until The End Of The World

Intermission - Beat on the Brat (U2 Mix) - Wanderer - Zoo Baby

11. Invisible - Magnificent - Zoo Station
    12. The Fly - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    13. Mysterious Ways (Slide Solo)
    14. The Crystal Ballroom
    15. Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World - Vertigo - October - Desire
    16. California - Elevation - New Year's Day - Angel Of Harlem
    17. Every Breaking Wave (Full Band)
    18. Bullet The Blue Sky
    19. Running To Stand Still
    20. Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore

21. This is Where You Can Reach Me Now - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    22. Bad - All I Want Is You - One - City of Blinding Lights - Miracle Drug - Yahweh
    23. With or Without You
    24. 40

Encore 2 on Last Show in 2nd leg Paris

25. Acrobat (To Surprise Fans)
    "We didn't want anyone to think they had got the second best show...

... and then we scrapped that and just decided to turn Paris#4 into the best show ever"

-Bono, Dec. 2015.
  7. This deserves a gold medal.
  8. Wow, it's been a long time since I last made a visit!

For me it's a tricky one; I can totally see why those who have already seen the band would want them to mix things up a great deal for Europe. However, for me personally the I+E sets have been some of my all time favourite in the band's history...I remember enjoying Glasgow 2009 immensly (especially UF and Ultraviolet) but missing out on songs like UTEOTW, Desire, AOH, EBTTRT and IWF stung a little. Hell, I brought a sign asking for Mysterious Ways (knowing there was a good chance of it getting played) and they managed to skip that one too! This might be just me, but as tired as they may sound to some, I would imagine those who have yet to see the band at all would feel a little miffed if some of those songs didn't appear, even if some of them aren't in the same 'classic' vein as One, Streets, SBS etc.

Personally I'm glad with what they've done with this tour so far but they DO need some greater rotation on those longer residencies, that's the band's biggest crime so far IMO.
  9. Long time no see James! Over 4 years! Love your Muse avatar btw

Yeah, many casual fans or even hard dies that haven't had the chance to see the band until now might feel a bit pissed if they go to a show and don't get to see WOWY, Mysterious Ways, One or Beautiful Day - just to name a few. Of course. But there's some balance to be found between a show full of rarities (I think nobody is asking for that) and a show full of staple warhorses. 360 -specially in the 3rd and final legs- was a great balanced setlist with enough rarities to fulfill the harddies (Zooropa, Ultraviolet, TUF, Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room, Mercy) and still had all/most of the thits. This tour is not like that - although it has some other stronger points - like the support to the current album, which is bigger than NLOTH.
  10. Why thank you!

Actually yeah, credit to the final leg of the 360 tour, that had such a great mix of classics and rarities. A big plus for me this tour is that (like you mentioned) SOI is much bigger (and far stronger an album imo) than NLOTH. We've had October/Gloria pop, but if they can just find a slot or two for a Ultraviolet/UF/Hold Me esque rarity rotation, that'd be super.

Also, the fact that I'll (providing it's still around by the UK dates) be able to see Bullet the Blue Sky is a dream come true
  11. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:Why thank you!

Actually yeah, credit to the final leg of the 360 tour, that had such a great mix of classics and rarities. A big plus for me this tour is that (like you mentioned) SOI is much bigger (and far stronger an album imo) than NLOTH. We've had October/Gloria pop, but if they can just find a slot or two for a Ultraviolet/UF/Hold Me esque rarity rotation, that'd be super.

Also, the fact that I'll (providing it's still around by the UK dates) be able to see Bullet the Blue Sky is a dream come true
    Yes, that's basically what we've been asking for. Just one or two rarities a la Ultraviolet thrown into the setlist every now and then would make it a hard to beat setlist

It's very simple and they wouldn't even need to rehearse much. As it's been pointed, the first half is almost perfect., but the second half and the encore need some work.

The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    11 O'Clock / rotation with OOC, Electric Co, Gloria, Two Hearts, etc.
    Vertigo
    I Will Follow
    Iris (Hold Me Close)
    Cedarwood Road
    Song For Someone
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Raised By Wolves
    Until The End Of The World
    _____intermission_____
    Invisible
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    The Fly / Discothèque / rotation with Mysterious Ways
    Volcano / Crystal Ballroom / California / Lucifer's Hands (always a new song as 1st on the E stage)
    Angel Of Harlem / Desire / Sweetest Thing / Party Girl (the 80s crowd pleaser, guitar-friendly singalongish song as 2nd - but never 2 of them together)
    Stay / Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses / Staring At The Sun / The Ground Beneath Her Feet (90's semi-acoustic and rare song as 3rd)
    Every Breaking Wave
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    Running To Stand Still / October / MLK / short excerpts rotating with The Hands That Built America
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    Beautiful Day / City Of Blinding Lights in rotation
    All I Want Is You / With Or Without You in rotation
    The Troubles (always as set closer)

Where The Streets Have No Name (no speech, just open the encore with it -long intro please)
    Bad
    One / 40 (scrap Still as closer)
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes, that's basically what we've been asking for. Just one or two rarities a la Ultraviolet thrown into the setlist every now and then would make it a hard to beat setlist

It's very simple and they wouldn't even need to rehearse much. As it's been pointed, the first half is almost perfect., but the second half and the encore need some work.

The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    11 O'Clock / rotation with OOC, Electric Co, Gloria, Two Hearts, etc.
    Vertigo
    I Will Follow
    Iris (Hold Me Close)
    Cedarwood Road
    Song For Someone
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Raised By Wolves
    Until The End Of The World
    _____intermission_____
    Invisible
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    The Fly / Discothèque / rotation with Mysterious Ways
    Volcano / Crystal Ballroom / California / Lucifer's Hands (always a new song as 1st on the E stage)
    Angel Of Harlem / Desire / Sweetest Thing / Party Girl (the 80s crowd pleaser, guitar-friendly singalongish song as 2nd - but never 2 of them together)
    Stay / Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses / Staring At The Sun / The Ground Beneath Her Feet (90's semi-acoustic and rare song as 3rd)
    Every Breaking Wave
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    Running To Stand Still / October / MLK / short excerpts rotating with The Hands That Built America
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    Beautiful Day / City Of Blinding Lights in rotation
    All I Want Is You / With Or Without You in rotation
    The Troubles (always as set closer)

Where The Streets Have No Name (no speech, just open the encore with it -long intro please)
    Bad
    One / 40 (scrap Still as closer)
    amazing set Sergio