2015-07-10 - Boston
Тур: Innocence and Experience tour
Песен исполнено: 27
аудиозаписи: 5
  1. The ultraviolet snippet is interesting @ 3:33

2. ...guilty

Also, CB and the Miss You snippet....AHHHH. I was singing along to Miss You and everyone was giving me a weird look... not sorry
  3. Tonights show could be fun. I would love a tour debut in the b set, maybe lucifers hands into new years day
  4. Think how much would it all improve if it was Ultraviolet / Beautiful Day (snippet) instead of the other way round
  5. Originally posted by DerBFreund:I think the guys at u2gigs have given up on further classifying the snippets into different subtypes, they said it was too difficult, I think

Not too difficult, but a shitload of work instead U2 have just clocked over 1500 (one thousand and five hundred!) of regular tour shows, plus around 300 of various dates. Not easy to reclassify all the snippets from all these shows.

I like what they've done with the new layout, though, putting the snippets in a smaller size and ligter colour than the main songs. Lovely.
  6. No need to classify snippets even further. What's the point?

Agree with Sergio about the text size being smaller. Makes the sets look a lot nicer.
  7. I'm still holding out hope that Boston gets a first!
  8. Originally posted by MattG:No need to classify snippets even further. What's the point?

Agree with Sergio about the text size being smaller. Makes the sets look a lot nicer.
    I think just a simple division should work:

-reference (shortest of the kind, for short improvs, drum/guitar fails, brief lyric references, etc. Examples in this tour would be 19 into Bullet, and Anthem or LAPOE into UTEOTW).
    -snippet (like '40' into Bad on Elevation Tour, Let's Twist Again into Two Hearts, or like Moment Of Surrender during Bad lately). I mean, snippets with its own place in the song but without any change of instrumentation, and usually coming back to end with the root song.
    -medley (last night's TCB/Miss You, or Hands That Built America before Pride all this tour, or Desire / She's The One on East Rutherford 2009, or Angel Of Harlem / Dancing Queen during 1992 and 1993). Longer than a snippet, change of subjacent instrumentation (even change of instruments!) and sometimes not even come back to the root song.

But it's just fan nerdism at its best. (Is "nerdism" a word? Nerdness?).

Moreover, it doesn't belong here. The forum-order-addict in me tells me to move this to the Ideas for snippets or the Snippets : Do you like them ? threads