2015-07-10 - Boston
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 5
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I think just a simple division should work:

-reference (shortest of the kind, for short improvs, drum/guitar fails, brief lyric references, etc. Examples in this tour would be 19 into Bullet, and Anthem or LAPOE into UTEOTW).
    -snippet (like '40' into Bad on Elevation Tour, Let's Twist Again into Two Hearts, or like Moment Of Surrender during Bad lately). I mean, snippets with its own place in the song but without any change of instrumentation, and usually coming back to end with the root song.
    -medley (last night's TCB/Miss You, or Hands That Built America before Pride all this tour, or Desire / She's The One on East Rutherford 2009, or Angel Of Harlem / Dancing Queen during 1992 and 1993). Longer than a snippet, change of subjacent instrumentation (even change of instruments!) and sometimes not even come back to the root song.

But it's just fan nerdism at its best. (Is "nerdism" a word? Nerdness?).

Moreover, it doesn't belong here. The forum-order-addict in me tells me to move this to the Ideas for snippets or the Snippets : Do you like them ? threads
    LOL. I heard u2gigs is looking for somebody to do this for all 1800+ shows... I think you're just the guy for the job!
  2. Well, I have lots of boring night shifts in front of the computer during the summer... I will have to take advantage of that and take the task
  3. I moved my reply to the appropriate thread
  4. Originally posted by stj0691:[..]

Also, CB and the Miss You snippet....AHHHH. I was singing along to Miss You and everyone was giving me a weird look... not sorry

I was going nuts during EBTTRT both nights. I think Larry's new drumming on that song takes it to a whole new level. Sooo much more fun than the original, or even when they were first touring for that album!

As for "Miss You", that's the kind of Bono tangent I love (and missed Friday night), and couldn't believe it when he started in but then kept going. I leaned over to my kids, who don't really know the Stones, and said, "That song, Crystal Ballroom is their, but that part about Miss You, that's a Bono tangent!" (My kids get a huge kick out of Bono singing other people's songs).

What blew my mind was the guy a row in front of me leaned back and said, "Wait, Crystal Ballroom is U2? What album is that on?"
    Me: Errr, THIS ONE!? Songs of Innocence!
    Him: "Really? I don't remember ever hearing it before. So what was that other song he started singing?
    Me: Miss You?!
    Him: Yeah, who does that?
    Me: The Stones?! (and in my head, ARE YOU F#$KING KIDDING ME? REALLY? Do you actually LISTEN to music? Ever?"

Sorry. Rant over. I feel better know
  5. Originally posted by pllsaph:[..]

I was going nuts during EBTTRT both nights. I think Larry's new drumming on that song takes it to a whole new level. Sooo much more fun than the original, or even when they were first touring for that album!

As for "Miss You", that's the kind of Bono tangent I love (and missed Friday night), and couldn't believe it when he started in but then kept going. I leaned over to my kids, who don't really know the Stones, and said, "That song, Crystal Ballroom is their, but that part about Miss You, that's a Bono tangent!" (My kids get a huge kick out of Bono singing other people's songs).

What blew my mind was the guy a row in front of me leaned back and said, "Wait, Crystal Ballroom is U2? What album is that on?"
    Him: "Really? I don't remember ever hearing it before. So what was that other song he started singing?
    Me: The Stones?! (and in my head, ARE YOU F#$KING KIDDING ME? REALLY? Do you actually LISTEN to music? Ever?"

That HAS TO BE the same guy that said "Hey, this guy must be Lou Reed, he was friends with the band" when saw Johnny Cash singing The Wanderer during the intermission in Chicago.

6. Been trying to get GA tix all day. Nothing is showing up at TicketMaster and I can't afford the resales, which are insanely priced. Also don't really want seated tix, having never experienced the floor before. So, sadly, oesn't look like I'll get in there at this rate. Kinda bummed about it, but I got 2 outta 4 in Boston, so not too shabby.
  7. Originally posted by pllsaph:[..]

hahaha in my mind I heard your voice getting higher with each answer until you were yelling THE STONES???? lolol
  8. Originally posted by pllsaph:[..]

yeah, I think that too. It's all about the drums on this new amazing version

Originally posted by pllsaph:[..]

Maaaaybe the guy has the regular version of SoI.. Crystal Ballroom is only at the deluxe version.
    About Miss You... no excuse for him!
  9. Originally posted by andreamacedo:[..]
    yeah, I think that too. It's all about the drums on this new amazing version[..]

It really is. I love the drumming in this new version so much, I think I'd actually like to hear it *without* vocals so it's essentially just a screaming instrumental with more emphasis on drums

Maaaaybe the guy has the regular version of SoI.. Crystal Ballroom is only at the deluxe version.

There's no excuse for that is there? If you're shelling out that much cash to see them live, surely you can spend the $15 to get the *complete* album! And, if you're too cheap for that, clearly you should be giving up your seats to REAL fans

About Miss You... no excuse for him!

Yep!
  10. The beauty of Crystal Ballroom/Miss You is of course that Miss You would have been a typical song for the Crystall - McGonagles - Ballroom... It was THEE best...!!!

Love to hear everyone sharing their excitement (and I believe that kids today would still "dig" Miss You...that beat is so "fff" genius...)
  11. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    The beauty of Crystal Ballroom/Miss You is of course that Miss You would have been a typical song for the Crystall - McGonagles - Ballroom... It was THEE best...!!!

Love to hear everyone sharing their excitement (and I believe that kids today would still "dig" Miss You...that beat is so "fff" genius...)
    Totally agree! Both with the genius of using Miss You as a song that would have been played in the Crystal Ballroom AND that kids today would love that song!

Btw, were you there last night? What section? I was up in Balcony 321, where bodies were on life-support

Also, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART for that bootleg!