1. Great work, thanks for all your efforts!

2. it has a little missynch which is corrected but I don't replace the YT clip. just FYI
  3. I just sat down this weekend and left all other duties outside and......

IT IS DONE! We arrived at the post production for Berlin 1!

For those wanting a hard copy, please contact me on PM or Email, we have something in the making for the collectors

4. I guess you will share it in the torrents section here, right?
  5. Of course. Contributers like you will get a download link beforehand, I think on the upcoming weekend I can send them out.
  6. Hi! I have one question if BD version will be 720p or 1080p (full HD)?
  7. 720p as I had many 720p sources I didn't wanna leave out
  8. OK. But what the problem is with use them (720p files) in mix with 1080p and end with 1080p Multicam - then we get full scale of what was recorded.

How much 720p files was in compare to 1080p files? It's a pity that there were so many 1080p files, but at the end all will be downscaled.

Others Berlin Multicams will also be 720p?
  9. 720p is a very good quality, I think we should first watch it before we start judging it Anyway, yes, a lot of it was filmed in 1080p, but the biggest limitation of any fan-made video is that the compact cameras, even though are very very good, still have problems with the lights, get out of focus... the 1080 is larger, it has more pixels. Yes, but the quality of detail in the environment of a live gig, which has aggressive lights in the dark, is simply not there.

So, I think 720p is very much ok and I am truly looking forward to this!
  10. I do have many sources in 1080p, that's correct. But the quality of these differs a lot and so sometimes it looks then way better in 720p because then noise disappears, contrasts get better. And it wouldn't make much sense a nice looking 720p clip bloating up to 1080p and then it might get blurry etc.
    I will export a 1080p version and compare, but currently I tend to think the mix looks smoothier in 720p.
  11. Originally posted by Happy24:720p is a very good quality, I think we should first watch it before we start judging it Anyway, yes, a lot of it was filmed in 1080p, but the biggest limitation of any fan-made video is that the compact cameras, even though are very very good, still have problems with the lights, get out of focus...

I'm not judging. I think after releasing this Multicam it would be to late for asking for video standard.

I don't know if resolution of video has something to do with problems with the lights, but maybe you're right. The best way would be to compare fragment of multicam in two formats, but this frgment should have some 1080p source used, not 720p only.

Originally posted by sparko:I do have many sources in 1080p, that's correct. But the quality of these differs a lot and so sometimes it looks then way better in 720p because then noise disappears, contrasts get better. And it wouldn't make much sense a nice looking 720p clip bloating up to 1080p and then it might get blurry etc.
    I will export a 1080p version and compare, but currently I tend to think the mix looks smoothier in 720p.

Yes, you're right in upscaling 720 to 1080 - effect could be not satisfying. But it depends how much 1080p material apear in the final version. If it's less than 50% then it of course could be better to release 720p version. But if it's higher maybe consider to set it to 1080p.

All in all great thanks for creating all this multicams and spend so many times by this. I hope you don't get wrong my question but I think it only could dispel doubts.