1. Simple but great song imo. I think this will be a cracker live! great kind of song to split up a set
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Bono spoke about Volcano briefly during the Dave Fanning interview. He says all the rage he's had during years for the loss of his mother, which is repressed in Iris, explodes in this song. "Volcano is pure rage". I am not overly keen on this song but I like that it is connected somehow to the theme of the previous one.

I totally remember that bit in the interview, but the irony to me is that scream he does during the beginning of Glastonbury live in 2010 has more "rage" than this entire song in my opinion. I guess I'm just bitter that Glastonbury didn't get rewritten to have-non festival lyrics lol
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Bono spoke about Volcano briefly during the Dave Fanning interview. He says all the rage he's had during years for the loss of his mother, which is repressed in Iris, explodes in this song. "Volcano is pure rage". I am not overly keen on this song but I like that it is connected somehow to the theme of the previous one.

Which is more or less what we put in the article content
  4. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:[..]

I totally remember that bit in the interview, but the irony to me is that scream he does during the beginning of Glastonbury live in 2010 has more "rage" than this entire song in my opinion.

Agreed. It's not powerful at all imo. It wants to be powerful, but it isn't.
  5. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:[..]

I totally remember that bit in the interview, but the irony to me is that scream he does during the beginning of Glastonbury live in 2010 has more "rage" than this entire song in my opinion. I guess I'm just bitter that Glastonbury didn't get rewritten to have-non festival lyrics lol

Live is always going to have more rage than an album. I can see you're point, but I guess we'll never really know until it gets performed.

Personally, I felt that the general mood of the song was anger, maybe not solely from Bono's vocals, but also from Adam's bassline. And as I said about this song before, the powerful bassline does evoke the image of bubbling magma, at least to me it does.
  6. The vol-can-o screech during the chorus does not strike me as rage but more playful like Elevation or Vertigo. I'm still a fan unashamedly.
  7. Pretty surprised they played this one on Jools Holland.
  8. Good song - a bit high for Bono perhaps? But good!
  9. Am I hearing this right?

At 2:45, after the glasto part, does he say "BONO you don't wanna know!" ??

10. I think because he turns his head to the right you don't here everything he sings.
  11. Bono definitely had 90s swagger when he sang this song.