1. Still not sure what the "do you live here or is this a vacation?" line is supposed to mean outside the obvious. It's odd.
  2. as I understand it, he's asking his angry self whether he's always in that state or is it temporary? is he always out of his mind, out in the wild, out in the night, is it in the past...?
  3. I think the theme of longevity vs. brevity is strong in this song. It also talks about the risk of remaining (you own a piece of ground above a volcano). There's the trill of sticking around and the risk of doing so. Initially I thought the lyrics were simple, but upon further review there's actually a lot going on here.
  4. Loving the live version of this track, Larry is all over it - lets hope U2 keep up this quality through out the tour and Bonos voice holds up (he's enjoying singing these song's) Bono is faultless when he sings i just hate when he appears to talk his way through a song! but for me overall they are nailing this album live.
  5. This one is gonna rock live. Edge's guitar seemed a little quiet but the band did nice work.

I really like what they did in the "You were alone..." part. Reminded a lot like the original Glastonbury's intro before the riff. If that part was recorder on to the album it would've made the song that much better. (performing on Jools of course)
  6. The live version made it click for me too....and honestly, I know most here rate this quite low, but I have to say I like it a lot - ever since Bono explained how the song describes the rage after the loss of his mother, and that's why it's right after Iris...the whole thing sounds different. I love the glasto bit both musically and lyrically - turning to rock and roll to not be alone.
  7. Once you listen to this song, it gets stuck in the back of your brain and you can't get it off for the rest of the day. I would rename it as "Stuck In A Volcano You Can't Get Out Of" or something. Absolutely catchy.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:Once you listen to this song, it gets stuck in the back of your brain and you can't get it off for the rest of the day. I would rename it as "Stuck In A Volcano You Can't Get Out Of" or something. Absolutely catchy.

9. the live version was so good...especially from the second ' been out in the wild'
  10. Yeah, it was great, but I missed the high pitched vocal on "D'you live here or is this a vacation?". Bono alone doing the low voice sounds so weak. It *almost* ruins it for me, but it's still very good, and I guess I'm just picky.
  11. Volcano live is an absolute BEAST!

The intro reminds me of how awesome the intro to Zoo Station was, the way Edge plucks his strings with that synth. And Bono going crazy near the end. Sounds like an opener ready to rip arenas away.
  12. Volcano was one of the weaker songs to me....Until Jools Holland lol Now I find myself going out of my way to put it on more and more.