1. I was always just jealous because it looked so damn fun.

2. If it was about everyone getting the same experience then I think they failed. I saw both shows in Sydney and they were very different experiences.

First night we were inside the Claw and it did feel like you were on stage, with a band member on each side of you. BUT, I felt they let far too many people in to that area and it was awfully uncomfortable. Plus you were so close to the Claw you couldn't absorb it all.

2nd night, my daughter and I had cheap seats behind the stage and it felt so different. I knew the band would mostly have their backs to us for a lot the time but they did make an effort to connect. But the biggest difference was being able to see the Claw in full and all the lighting effects you couldn't see close up. Those seats were excellent value for money.
  3. The thing I regret the most about my history with U2 Live is not seeing a 360 show from a distance (be it middle of GA or seats). I had a LOT of fun in my shows but both of them were up close, first rows of GA. I feel like I lost a lot of the spectacle I'm jealous for those of you who could get it all
  4. I am so lucky to have seen eight 360 shows (5 in 2009 and 3 in 2011) including both Anaheim shows. As mentioned before here, that was the last time for me that Bono was a true Rock STAR! Great shows with great set lists! Long live The Claw!
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:The thing I regret the most about my history with U2 Live is not seeing a 360 show from a distance (be it middle of GA or seats). I had a LOT of fun in my shows but both of them were up close, first rows of GA. I feel like I lost a lot of the spectacle I'm jealous for those of you who could get it all
    That's like saying I feel jealous of the people who bought a Dacia duster when you've just bought a Mustang
  6. Barcelona. Seeing the spotlights during COBL reflect off the underside of the clouds. Unreal. And the last tour when xenon flashes were a thing. Being in GA and seeing the whole stand of the camp nou turn into a wall of camera flashes. Memories man.
  7. I really do miss the 360 tour... at the time I don't think I really appreciated the tour but now as time has passed and the last 3 tours haven't really reached those heights I really do think it was phenomenal! I only went to the 1st Melbourne show but wish I had have seen more but being a poor student at the time I couldn't afford it.
    Absolutely LOVE listening to bootlegs from this tour, mainly Sheffield and Montreal.

Highs
    The Claw (obviously!)
    The setlists were great late in the tour!
    Bono's voice was great, especially early in the tour!
    Ultraviolet (highlight)
    The NLOTH songs were great!
    They at least had a crack at some songs they hadn't played before and some unreleased/rare songs.

Lows
    Most nights they absolutely butchered Sunday Bloody Sunday... should have been rested.
    Closing with MOS sorry. just didn't work for me...
  8. to me, the best tour of their history. I can say that better than IE or EI. (my opinion, of course)
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I buy your explanation about holding on to the microphone. Even the "shaking" he did during certain performances. I actually like your explanation a lot.

BUT.

But how the hell do you explain throwing the mic flying up in the air? (which more often than not messed up the vocal performance because he couldn't catch it on time and would miss some words or a verse) And more so, how can you justify hanging himself from the mic and swinging around the stage stupidly?

Throwing the mic in the air was demonstrative of his frustration with himself - like when you throw a plate at a wall or smash something when you feel angry at yourself and the only outlet for this is an emotional action.

As regards to Bono not catching it on time and missing words, that happens with performances by the B-man - sometimes he'll miss the microphone just as sometimes he'll forget the words, but I bet he never once wanted to miss catching the microphone.

Hanging onto the microphone is him hanging onto himself. As I've said a desperate man in turmoil not knowing what to do or where to turn as he fights with his emotions.

Yeh, sometimes he would play up to the audience by throwing up his arms and beckoning them, but he is a showman after all.

I like it when Bono performs. Look at his characters MacPhisto, The Fly, Mirrorball Man and Shadow Man. They all take us out of our song-intro-song concert comfort zone and add to the experience.

Yeh, some fans just want them to play Sunday Bloody Sunday and I do too but I also enjoy the characters and what they add - and I think Bono played one of his characters in that performance on the 360 tour.

Throwing the mic, hanging from it, playing up to the crowd - brilliant!
  10. Great tour!
    Saw it 8 times (4x 2009, 3x 2010, 1x 2011) from different spots and seats, heard 44 different songs (so the songs could make two totally different shows!), Visited 7 different cities in 6 different countries...
    The Claw was amazing
    Hanging microphone was fun but to me it fitted more to HMTMKMKM than UV.
    Loved I'll Go Crazy (don't like album version)
    NLOTH songs were great, sadly they dropped many in latter tour legs...
    Unreleased songs were good too (still think Stingray Guitar and Glastonbury are much better than what they became later on albums), EBW album version is great, but would be even better if they made electric full band of that 2010 version (I thimk some tribute band made it and sounded great!).