1. True, but this has always been the case with U2, other then 2005.

U2 have never really had much variation in their set lists.

War, UF, JT, ZooTV, PoP, Elevation....these tours were the same each and every night...
  2. I will not miss 360....it was too over the top..very similar to PoP....it wasn't about the music..it was an event. It was all about the stage...which for me, became a distraction at times.
  3. I think No Line On The Horizon was an excellent work.Both the album as a whole and respectively songs were excellent.But that's my opinion...So I don't think 360 was like Pop...It could have been better with more NLOTH.
  4. just on the basis of the fact that it was my first live U2 experience and my first tour following the band intensely, i will miss it in a nostalgic sense.

but it all depends on what comes next for the band; if the next tour is a let down, i''m sure we'll all pine for 360.
  5. 10 years later I really do miss this tour.
  6. I saw the band 4 times on this tour: Wembley, Cardiff, Sheffield and Seville, and even though I really enjoyed all the concerts, I was never that impressed with the claw - it sort of was a barrier to the fans and the band in a way that PopMart wasn't.

Positive points;
    If you listen to the Sheffield broadcast in particular it feckin rocks.
    Ultraviolet was outstanding with Bono's swinging all over the place on that cool steering wheel microphone becoming a classic performance.
    Your Blue Room - even though the majority of the crowd took this to mean a toilet break.
    The rebirth of The Unforgettable Fire with the screens going into a psychedelic meltdown.
    Breathe!
    Moment of Surrender - even though the majority of the crowd took it to mean let's get out early to beat the traffic.
    Heck even IGCTIICGCT was fun and Boots sounded not too bad too - though not my favourite songs by a long way.

BUT I just felt that there was this barrier called The Claw that got in-between me and my band.

Weird eh?
  7. Weird indeed.

I saw this tour four times as well:
    -Toronto 2009
    -Montreal 2011
    -Toronto 2011
    -Moncton 2011

And I thought then what I do now: that this was probably their best tour behind ZooTV. The stage was a fucking marvel, and I thought it only added to the show - not detracted from it. It really was like a spaceship, bringing you on a musical journey (heheheheh).

Moncton 360 will probably be the best show I ever went to until the day I die. We rode the train there (6 of us, all good friends) for like 13 hours, managed to get about 10 feet from the catwalk, and just had the time of our lives.
  8. YES!

SHIT, NO !!! All the microphone thingy just almost ruined it. It's a delicate, painful and heartfelt song - jumping around like a monkey high on cocaine does NOT FIT it.
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Weird indeed.

I saw this tour four times as well:
    -Toronto 2009
    -Montreal 2011
    -Toronto 2011
    -Moncton 2011

And I thought then what I do now: that this was probably their best tour behind ZooTV. The stage was a fucking marvel, and I thought it only added to the show - not detracted from it. It really was like a spaceship, bringing you on a musical journey (heheheheh).

Moncton 360 will probably be the best show I ever went to until the day I die. We rode the train there (6 of us, all good friends) for like 13 hours, managed to get about 10 feet from the catwalk, and just had the time of our lives.
    And I'll be jealous of y'all Monctoners until the day I die. I remember checking flights (which btw involved two layovers: first in Belgium and then in Toronto... crazy) when they announced Moncton*, then checking my bank account, then starting to cry. I really wanted to make it.

* The announcement set the start of a now long lasting tradition of tour-closer changes. Here's the U2gigs log for it:

If you have been trying to make it to U2's last North American show for the 360° Tour, we feel sorry for you. Moncton is now the fourth city to hold the title of "last North American show" (and possibly last show anywhere). Under the original 2010 tour schedule, the 20 July 2011 show in East Rutherford would have been last, on 19 July 2010. When the rescheduled 2011 itinerary was announced in July 2010, the last show instead became Minneapolis on 23 July 2011. It lost this status in October 2010, when a Pittsburgh show was added for 26 July 2011. U2.com at the time touted Pittsburgh as the final show of the leg, but recently changed the wording of their article to say it would just be the last US show, as if nobody would notice or care. Now Moncton is last - and, we suspect, really and truly last for North America.

10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    And I'll be jealous of y'all Monctoners until the day I die. I remember checking flights (which btw involved two layovers: first in Belgium and then in Toronto... crazy) when they announced Moncton*, then checking my bank account, then starting to cry. I really wanted to make it.

* The announcement set the start of a now long lasting tradition of tour-closer changes. Here's the U2gigs log for it:

If you have been trying to make it to U2's last North American show for the 360° Tour, we feel sorry for you. Moncton is now the fourth city to hold the title of "last North American show" (and possibly last show anywhere). Under the original 2010 tour schedule, the 20 July 2011 show in East Rutherford would have been last, on 19 July 2010. When the rescheduled 2011 itinerary was announced in July 2010, the last show instead became Minneapolis on 23 July 2011. It lost this status in October 2010, when a Pittsburgh show was added for 26 July 2011. U2.com at the time touted Pittsburgh as the final show of the leg, but recently changed the wording of their article to say it would just be the last US show, as if nobody would notice or care. Now Moncton is last - and, we suspect, really and truly last for North America.

That last 360 show situation has been eclipsed by JT19!
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Lmao - I totally forgot about that! I'm remembering now how the Pittsburgh peeps were absolutely pissed that it wasn't going to be the last show of the tour.

Oh man. I still remember when we decided to go, too. We were sitting at a pub here in Ottawa, Ontario. We had all seen different 360 shows at the time-

(of the 6 of us, like three of us were what I would say are "casual" U2 fans, two were "fans" and I was the most hardcore of us all - not trying to tout that, but no one else was frequenting U2start and U2soundforum and watching 1-star video bootlegs, etc. )

-and we were sitting in a round booth drinking beer and talking about the shows we had been to. Suddenly my one friend says "man, imagine if we went to Moncton for that final show?" and I was all "I KNOW! We totally should, right?" and we all kinda laughed and moved onto another subject.

Fast forward to the next morning and I ring that buddy up and say "so we could get train tickets for $__ and a hotel for $__" and he said "oh man, I thought we were joking - but I'm totally up for it". He then realizes he has cousins in Moncton, rings them up and they offer to let us stay - and they're already going to the show, too! We had to convince the rest of the group (one friend never even told his parents where he was going because he knew they wouldn't approve that use of his money, so he told them he was staying over at a friend's for a couple nights lmao) but they got on board.

Next thing you know we're on an overnight train headed there and the rest is history. What a show, man. It was awesome being there for the final show of the tour, and it really felt like the final show of the tour. The opening playlist was different, they had the faces of the crew on the screen during Crazy Tonight, Bono improvised an extra verse in Stay to discuss the end of the tour, they got out champagne, played Out of Control and 40, etc. Getting goosebumps thinking about it. I'm not sure anything will ever top that.

I'll also go to bat for that show's setlist as being one of the best setlists in the band's entire history of playing live.