1. I don't think Electrical Storm was up to U22 standards. Sure, it's a very rare song to be played live, but rare or not, they want to release a quality product. I think they'll get Electrical Storm right after a bit more work, but based on the few times it was performed, it definitely does not meet that standard.
  2. Originally posted by ahn1991:I don't think Electrical Storm was up to U22 standards. Sure, it's a very rare song to be played live, but rare or not, they want to release a quality product. I think they'll get Electrical Storm right after a bit more work, but based on the few times it was performed, it definitely does not meet that standard.

Maybe they should play it more often. I think it would be fun, although it wasn't a succes the previous times it's been played..

3. Well before they even get to that point, they (the band) has to be convinced that this is a song that they want to continue to play live. Then they can start experimenting ways to perfect it. The way I interpreted the performances was that they were determining if it was a song that they wanted to play live. Ultimately, they decided it wasn't. The best example of this process is Original of the Species. Time and time again, you hear Bono saying it's the best song on the album. He's taking the extra step to sell the song to the crowd. It's clear that they want this song to work live. So how do they proceed? They experiment with how it's performed. Sometimes you have Edge on guitar, sometimes it's Edge on piano, sometimes Bono's also on guitar, sometimes there's an orchestra with them, etc. Everyone's got to be on board to make the song work, but that can't happen until they decide that they want to make the song work live. That being said, I don't think the band is quite there yet with Electrical Storm.
  4. #share U22 Trailer DVD

By Vetri and MekVox

5. ES just lost all the magic live. The production elements just didnt transfer over.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

I still don't get the hate. I never liked the song but they showed balls at such an early point of the tour. Knocked me for 6 hearing it.

this!

something new something rare .. all postive things .. lets change every now and then
    and let me say far way better than some stable songs
  7. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

Well before they even get to that point, they (the band) has to be convinced that this is a song that they want to continue to play live. Then they can start experimenting ways to perfect it. The way I interpreted the performances was that they were determining if it was a song that they wanted to play live. Ultimately, they decided it wasn't. The best example of this process is Original of the Species. Time and time again, you hear Bono saying it's the best song on the album. He's taking the extra step to sell the song to the crowd. It's clear that they want this song to work live. So how do they proceed? They experiment with how it's performed. Sometimes you have Edge on guitar, sometimes it's Edge on piano, sometimes Bono's also on guitar, sometimes there's an orchestra with them, etc. Everyone's got to be on board to make the song work, but that can't happen until they decide that they want to make the song work live. That being said, I don't think the band is quite there yet with Electrical Storm.

I think there's a big difference between OOTS and ES. That's what you said yourself, Bono said about OOTS it's probably the best song of the album and they try to make it work. They never really tried that with ES. Could be because one or more members of the band, just don't see it work live, or they just don't have as much feeling with the song as they do have with OOTS as you can hear in the different live-versions.
  8. Don't fool yourselves. What put (and puts) most of us down about Electrical Storm is that weird riff by Edge. The rest of the song was pretty much nailed.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:Don't fool yourselves. What put (and puts) most of us down about Electrical Storm is that weird riff by Edge. The rest of the song was pretty much nailed.

Nailed it
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:Don't fool yourselves. What put (and puts) most of us down about Electrical Storm is that weird riff by Edge. The rest of the song was pretty much nailed.

This.

I don't think the fact that the weird riff was more prominent in the live version made things any better.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:Don't fool yourselves. What put (and puts) most of us down about Electrical Storm is that weird riff by Edge. The rest of the song was pretty much nailed.

I gotta say, never much listened to the live-version, just know it wasn't a succes. Will do it soon and see for myself if the riff puts me off!
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I would burn my own CD with half of each:

1 - Even Better
    2 - The Fly
    3 - UTEOTW
    4 - Stay
    5 - One Tree Hill
    6 - Bad
    7 - TUF
    8 - Zooropa
    9 - Ultraviolet
    10 - Moment Of Surrender