1. the extended solo could bring me to tears; the good way of course
  2. Does anyone have a foto (image) of the real kite used by Bono? I love the performance but I never saw the kite perfectly, so I don't know how it was.
  3. Originally posted by tchezao:Does anyone have a foto (image) of the real kite used by Bono? I love the performance but I never saw the kite perfectly, so I don't know how it was.

I've only seen it in videos, but it was a bird like kite that was orange/yellow i believe, may have been different at different shows since he let one out every night
  4. Originally posted by thefly07:[..]

I've only seen it in videos, but it was a bird like kite that was orange/yellow i believe, may have been different at different shows since he let one out every night

Hey brother, only for you know how I'm suffering with NLOTH, see: it costs 300,00 in my country money.
  5. Originally posted by haytrain:see.....some songs just need to be on a tour or two, and then be left alone. U2 fans love their classics and favorites but seem to forget that your average concert is only gonna be about 22 songs. You've got to assume that somewhere between 5-8 of those songs are going to be tracks from the new album, and a majority of the rest are going to be your "classics." (One, Streets, Pride, etc.) Sure they throw in some special ones from tour to tour (Electric Co., Stay, The First Time) but I just get this sense that a lot of U2 fans expect the band to keep songs that went well on the last tour and trot them out again and again. (For an example, just check out the Your Perfect Setlist topic, where there are suggested setlists with something like 40 songs.) Kite was great on the Elevation tour, but got a bit cheesy on the Vertigo tour....I'm hoping they skip Kite and bring in something new that we haven't heard in a long time.

Amen brother.

6. 300,000 for an album?? for are you referring to the deluxe edition? for god's sake don't get the deluxe if you are!
  7. Originally posted by tchezao:Does anyone have a foto (image) of the real kite used by Bono? I love the performance but I never saw the kite perfectly, so I don't know how it was.

This is one of my photo's, i made myself up an album of Melbourne photo's and labelled some with what song was being performed at the time, this was Kite. [This was the clearest pic i took of the kite] - from the 19th of Nov '06.

During the performance of Kite - from the 18th of Nov '06.

8. Originally posted by Stu:[..]

This is one of my photo's, i made myself up an album of Melbourne photo's and labelled some with what song was being performed at the time, this was Kite. [This was the clearest pic i took of the kite] - from the 19th of Nov '06.

[image]

During the performance of Kite - from the 18th of Nov '06.

[image]

nice

I have the bootleg for that show.....absolutely killer all the way through, probably my favorite performance of Kite from the 5th leg....and it was exactly a year after I saw them in Atlanta
  9. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

I'm just saying that this is one of the worst tracks ever by U2. Boring, cheesy and when Bono starts "I want you to know..." my ears start bleeding. Hope they finally buried that one.

In your HUMBLE opinion "that this is one of the worst tracks ever by U2. Boring, cheesy". And sure, there may be some that agree with you but maybe not in such negative terms.

Yet the opinion of many others is that the song is very good, hearfelt and was a welcome entry back into the setlist during the last leg of the Vertigo tour.

How old are you? Because I am guessing you are truly to young to be so grumpy. Now repeat after me... "hey you kids, get off my lawn!".
  10. Originally posted by tchezao:[..]

I know The Edge play the note of the solo earlier in te song. But this don't take the beauty of the solo off .

Amen! And simple doesn't mean bad or wrong. In this case, it was heartfelt and emotive.
  11. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979:[..]

In your HUMBLE opinion "that this is one of the worst tracks ever by U2. Boring, cheesy". And sure, there may be some that agree with you but maybe not in such negative terms.

Yet the opinion of many others is that the song is very good, hearfelt and was a welcome entry back into the setlist during the last leg of the Vertigo tour.

How old are you? Because I am guessing you are truly to young to be so grumpy. Now repeat after me... "hey you kids, get off my lawn!".

Your record is broken.