1. Would be nice but they have to rework it slightly then.... they were missing some lyrics.
  2. I think (I would like if were true) U2 used kite at the end of the vertigo tour just like a rehearsal for the new brand tour.
  3. I think (I would like if were true) U2 used kite at the end of the vertigo tour just like a rehearsal for the new brand tour.
  4. Originally posted by tchezao:I think (I would like if were true) U2 used kite at the end of the vertigo tour just like a rehearsal for the new brand tour.

A bit early to rehearse...

5. It make some sense, isn't it? Experiment earlier and use powerfully after...

6. ehhh i wouldn't hold your breath, if you are. It's surprising how many songs don't make it from tour to tour besides the usual ones, of course there is the occasional surprise, but as much sense as any song could make to us, the band are so picky about what songs they play and how they work according to them, there's really no way to predict what's gonna come. It could but I won't bank on it, or any other song
  7. see.....some songs just need to be on a tour or two, and then be left alone. U2 fans love their classics and favorites but seem to forget that your average concert is only gonna be about 22 songs. You've got to assume that somewhere between 5-8 of those songs are going to be tracks from the new album, and a majority of the rest are going to be your "classics." (One, Streets, Pride, etc.) Sure they throw in some special ones from tour to tour (Electric Co., Stay, The First Time) but I just get this sense that a lot of U2 fans expect the band to keep songs that went well on the last tour and trot them out again and again. (For an example, just check out the Your Perfect Setlist topic, where there are suggested setlists with something like 40 songs.) Kite was great on the Elevation tour, but got a bit cheesy on the Vertigo tour....I'm hoping they skip Kite and bring in something new that we haven't heard in a long time.
  8. Originally posted by haytrain:see.....some songs just need to be on a tour or two, and then be left alone. U2 fans love their classics and favorites but seem to forget that your average concert is only gonna be about 22 songs. You've got to assume that somewhere between 5-8 of those songs are going to be tracks from the new album, and a majority of the rest are going to be your "classics." (One, Streets, Pride, etc.) Sure they throw in some special ones from tour to tour (Electric Co., Stay, The First Time) but I just get this sense that a lot of U2 fans expect the band to keep songs that went well on the last tour and trot them out again and again. (For an example, just check out the Your Perfect Setlist topic, where there are suggested setlists with something like 40 songs.) Kite was great on the Elevation tour, but got a bit cheesy on the Vertigo tour....I'm hoping they skip Kite and bring in something new that we haven't heard in a long time.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  9. Originally posted by haytrain:see.....some songs just need to be on a tour or two, and then be left alone. U2 fans love their classics and favorites but seem to forget that your average concert is only gonna be about 22 songs. You've got to assume that somewhere between 5-8 of those songs are going to be tracks from the new album, and a majority of the rest are going to be your "classics." (One, Streets, Pride, etc.) Sure they throw in some special ones from tour to tour (Electric Co., Stay, The First Time) but I just get this sense that a lot of U2 fans expect the band to keep songs that went well on the last tour and trot them out again and again. (For an example, just check out the Your Perfect Setlist topic, where there are suggested setlists with something like 40 songs.) Kite was great on the Elevation tour, but got a bit cheesy on the Vertigo tour....I'm hoping they skip Kite and bring in something new that we haven't heard in a long time.

right on; people gotta be realistic
  10. Hmmmmmmm,that's right. But I'm hopefull. Kite is a perfect closing song to the Horizon tour ,because verses just like these: "I know that this is not good bye"; "Where the wind will break you? I don't know...". The real kite give a special touch too, because birds are connected to the sky and Horizon Also, if someone don't lke Kite , I hope U2 come to Brazil and play it just for me!!!
  11. Originally posted by tchezao:Hmmmmmmm,that's right. But I'm hopefull. Kite is a perfect closing song to the Horizon tour ,because verses just like these: "I know that this is not good bye"; "Where the wind will break you? I don't know...". The real kite give a special touch too, because birds are connected to the sky and Horizon Also, if someone don't lke Kite , I hope U2 come to Brazil and play it just for me!!!

we don't know what the best song will be for the closing song on the "Horizon tour".....I understand we're being speculative, but it seems like it's really jumping the gun to assume that a song will work for a tour without knowing what the tour will be about and what songs will work and such. I can't say whether or not they will use it or not....I had a lot of songs I thought they might play for Vertigo and they never did. I'm not ripping on Kite, I'd love to hear it but I'm not gonna say it's the best song to close the tour, and I really think it is going to end up being something special for the Aussie's who missed the Elevation tour....I know that South America did too so I don't know what to tell you, lol, maybe they will play it for you
  12. Ok, I admit, I love Kite more than anything, and I will cry if I hear it live .