1. I'm not completely sure why, but I think it would be really cool to see Edge play The Fly on one of his Explorers were they to retain it for the next tour - like I say, not sure why, but I just think the unusual iconic-ness about it would fit the song aswell. Perhaps I'm just being fair too aesthetic in my critical approach lol...
  2. Zoo TV was great, especially the screens and all. That's the definitive version. It was skipped during PopMart, mainly because it didn't fit. They re-invented it with the Elevation version, which to me is the best version because it sounds, as Jeremy said, like an entirely different song. I love Bono singing the love chorus in normal tone, it's lovely. There, I said it. On the studio that's Bono singing the falsetto too. Vertigo was different too because while it traces back to Zoo TV setup wise, it also suited the theme of the tour.

This means with the new tour theme comes changes not only in just the Fly (if they play it), but possibly a change in the way they play there other songs.
  3. Originally posted by stj0691:Zoo TV was great, especially the screens and all. That's the definitive version. It was skipped during PopMart, mainly because it didn't fit. They re-invented it with the Elevation version, which to me is the best version because it sounds, as Jeremy said, like an entirely different song. I love Bono singing the love chorus in normal tone, it's lovely. There, I said it. On the studio that's Bono singing the falsetto too. Vertigo was different too because while it traces back to Zoo TV setup wise, it also suited the theme of the tour.

This means with the new tour theme comes changes not only in just the Fly (if they play it), but possibly a change in the way they play there other songs.

looking forward to the new changes as well! that's part of the excitement! I wonder if they will play Bullet....if they do, I'd love to see it's next phase...a highlight of tour expectation is seeing how that song changes
  4. Originally posted by haytrain:[..]

I'm sure it's been covered here in detail, but I love the intro from Elevation. I remember wondering if they were doing a brand new song when Bono started singing over the new intro. That was great.

Yeah me too. I remember thinking what f*ck is this and what followed was one THE best re-worked versions of any U2 song I've heard. To me they've never nailed the full-scale versions yet. Bono always seems to talk through it instead of sing. On the album it's a sort of cross between talking and singing if you know what I mean.

To me, Elevation version all the way...

5. Maybe it's the words flying at you. They're mesmerising.
  6. Opinions differ. London version better? Not for me. The intro of the song at U23D (song from the Mexico gig) is WAY WAY better. Maybe if they are doing an indoor and an outdoor next tour, they should play Elevation-style indoor and outdoor Zoo TV style.
  7. Originally posted by dieder:Opinions differ. London version better? Not for me. The intro of the song at U23D (song from the Mexico gig) is WAY WAY better. Maybe if they are doing an indoor and an outdoor next tour, they should play Elevation-style indoor and outdoor Zoo TV style.

I think that would work best, but I think it's pretty hard to play both versions. It might be confusing to play it Vertigo-style on one leg and Elevation-style on another leg...maybe they come with a complete new style! Or...they don't play it...
  8. If they don't play The Fly next tour I'm gonna walk away during the concert
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    All opinion and no bandwagon. Perfect version for me would be the Vertigo setup with Zootv vocals or Vertigo setup with some more bleedin effort from Bono. Or better still, a Popmart setup would have been great I bet.

Absolutely. Seguing from Discothèque instead of If You Wear That Velvet Dress, and with the same guitar effect...would have been great. Perhaps next tour...

Originally posted by dieder:Maybe if they are doing an indoor and an outdoor next tour, they should play Elevation-style indoor and outdoor Zoo TV style.

That would be awseome, but I think you're asking a little too much if you want them to play one song in two different ways, that's way too confusing. Maybe when they play indoor and outdoor legs, but I still don't see it happen.

10. lol
    Bono before the intro starts: 'Okay you guys, we won't be playing The Fly tonight, but ehm...support Africa, okay?'
    Dieder: 'YOU SUCK!'
    *throws shoe like Iraqi journalist*
    Bono: '...but we'll be playing The Ocean...'
  11. Hahaha that's funny, I just watched that video of the shoe-incident and then read your post Well that's one way to gain attention

I won't get on my boots if they don't play The Fly
  12. Originally posted by dieder:Hahaha that's funny, I just watched that video of the shoe-incident and then read your post Well that's one way to gain attention

I won't get on my boots if they don't play The Fly

Hahaha
    Bono will never get to see the line on the horizon if he doesn't play it