1. Yeah that's right, but Bono's voice wasnt that great unfortunately. And at some gigs the band seemed a bit rushed-up during the song. He sounds like a 80-year old Fly. Listen to the Zoo TV-performances, hear the difference. So much more energy.

2. I knew you'd know what I was referring to

I don't think Vertigo versions were by any means the complete article. The highlight for me was the sound Edge got out of the Line 6 Variax, but other than that I think it was all fairly textbook stuff - the ZooTV versions stuck to the format and were good because they captured the feel of Achtung Baby through the song, whilst with Elevation the step-up in key was a big factor, whilst Edge pretty much nailed the tone of the album in my opinion, and the extended intro and chorus were always awesome. And need we mention the solo?
  3. we need a new poll. . . . . Remy. . ..
  4. Originally posted by U2Nick:[..]

Unfortunately, Edge's falsettos were cut from every Elevation performance, and substituted with Bono's regular voice. In my honest opinion, it was a terrible idea

This would be great time for one of those unofficial remixers to get working

I second this motion!

A remix with the elevation performance (preferably from boston) with added falsetto by The Edge would be awesome!
  5. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    I knew you'd know what I was referring to

I don't think Vertigo versions were by any means the complete article. The highlight for me was the sound Edge got out of the Line 6 Variax, but other than that I think it was all fairly textbook stuff - the ZooTV versions stuck to the format and were good because they captured the feel of Achtung Baby through the song, whilst with Elevation the step-up in key was a big factor, whilst Edge pretty much nailed the tone of the album in my opinion, and the extended intro and chorus were always awesome. And need we mention the solo?

Totally agree

And the Elevation version is the reason why the fly is my 2nd favorite song
  6. i'm not sure you can do a remix of elevation fly with edge falsetto because the 2 versions are in completely different keys. But if you can it'll require some kind of serious autotune manipulation.
  7. Originally posted by dieder:Yeah that's right, but Bono's voice wasnt that great unfortunately. And at some gigs the band seemed a bit rushed-up during the song. He sounds like a 80-year old Fly. Listen to the Zoo TV-performances, hear the difference. So much more energy.

For some reason it kinda makes the song even more 'thematical' (?) when Bono fucks up...it suits the song in some weird way...at least it doesn't get ruined at all imo

But the Elevation-Fly's suited better with the tour: no big screen, no insanly cool intro (we make a show, we do the bussiness, maybe that's why it's called showbussiness?, The Jean Genie snippet), but smaller, less immense
  8. We make the show we do the business.... this is not SHOW BUSINESS!
    Jean Genie,

things like that are epic indeed.
  9. Originally posted by dieder:We make the show we do the business.... this is not SHOW BUSINESS!
    Jean Genie,

things like that are epic indeed.

Oh yeah, I knew I had that sentence wrong
  10. Maybe an idea to snippet HMTMKSKM instead of Satisfaction?

11. That would work I guess...

BTW I still need to hear one of those with a DGPFYCC-snippet
  12. Originally posted by carlibengarli:[..]

I second this motion!

A remix with the elevation performance (preferably from boston) with added falsetto by The Edge would be awesome!

If I had the programs (and the knowledge) I'd use the Boston Fly, edit out Bono's "Love" choruses, and replace them with a tuned version of Edge's falsettos from the Chicago DVD (Or the Las Vegas IEM...)

That would blow me away.