1. The intro and solo for the Elevation tour were awesome but over all I felt the song was a little underwhelming, Not sure how many of you fans got to see U23D - I saw it four times. The Fly from that is the ABOSOLUTE BEST!. Amazing!

Bono actually said during the Vertigo Tour that they had been trying to work out how to 'play' The Fly since they wrote it for AB and only realised and got it working for the Vertigo Tour so it would seem that that version is the one that will continue.
  2. Audio aside,what the hell is the fuss withthe U23D version? The Twickenham broadcast version is way better

3. Twickenham rocked
    It was the Sao Paulo one, but then without The Jean Genie...exactly the snippet which makes it so cool...

But I must admit I haven't seen U23D so my opinion isn't that usefull
  4. Originally posted by markp91:[..]

Twickenham rocked
    It was the Sao Paulo one, but then without The Jean Genie...exactly the snippet which makes it so cool...

But I must admit I haven't seen U23D so my opinion isn't that usefull

The versions getting all the praise are 3d and sao paulo. Bono literally speaks the lyrics. Why the fuss?

5. Bandwagon jumping?

6. Never jump on a bandwagon. I don't think either of the 3 live incarnations of the song are particularly 'awesome'. Each have their individual plus points - vertigo sounded great but Bono was turd. Elevation was nice due to it's reinvention but there wasn't enough definition in the guitar for me. Zootv was great but maybe stayed to true to the album version to be a truly great live song on that tour.

All opinion and no bandwagon. Perfect version for me would be the Vertigo setup with Zootv vocals or Vertigo setup with some more bleedin effort from Bono. Or better still, a Popmart setup would have been great I bet.
  7. Originally posted by U2Nick:[..]

If I had the programs (and the knowledge) I'd use the Boston Fly, edit out Bono's "Love" choruses, and replace them with a tuned version of Edge's falsettos from the Chicago DVD (Or the Las Vegas IEM...)

That would blow me away.

I agree!

Now can someone please tell me what the hell DGPFYCC and HMTMKSKM stands for?

8. Daddys Gonna Pay.......... and Hold Me, Thrill Me........
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:Never jump on a bandwagon. I don't think either of the 3 live incarnations of the song are particularly 'awesome'. Each have their individual plus points - vertigo sounded great but Bono was turd. Elevation was nice due to it's reinvention but there wasn't enough definition in the guitar for me. Zootv was great but maybe stayed to true to the album version to be a truly great live song on that tour.

All opinion and no bandwagon. Perfect version for me would be the Vertigo setup with Zootv vocals or Vertigo setup with some more bleedin effort from Bono. Or better still, a Popmart setup would have been great I bet.

Hmmm...I know what you mean re. Edge's guitar during Elevation - the only bit that ever particularly nargles me is when he'd palm mute the guitar on the 2nd verse or so, it didn't lend to the flow of the song. With regard to the Vertigo setup, I'm no fan of the use of additional symbols that Larry came up with - I dunno what the setup was for the previous three versions (i.e. album, ZooTV and Elevation) but it came out with an entirely different feel that just lent itself to the song, rather than bombastic bang crash boom stuff...
  10. I also hate the extended outtro of the Vertigo versions. Screw it, I prefer ZooTV

11. I'm sure it's been covered here in detail, but I love the intro from Elevation. I remember wondering if they were doing a brand new song when Bono started singing over the new intro. That was great.