1. The fly is one of u2's best live songs i seriously doubt they wouldnt play it on new tour, but if they didnt i would be p!ssed. I think boston 2001 is best fly version IMO, intro is very nice.
  2. Originally posted by Andrew_C:The fly is one of u2's best live songs i seriously doubt they wouldnt play it on new tour, but if they didnt i would be p!ssed. I think boston 2001 is best fly version IMO, intro is very nice.

It's funny, asked why The Fly wasn't on U2's Best Of album (1990-2000), Edge (years ago now) said words to the effect that it was a song of its time, it had not kept pace, and that it had fallen away a bit. (I can't remember the exact quote). Interesting that it has been a regular on tour since that comment.
  3. Originally posted by aussiemofo:[..]

It's funny, asked why The Fly wasn't on U2's Best Of album (1990-2000), Edge (years ago now) said words to the effect that it was a song of its time, it had not kept pace, and that it had fallen away a bit. (I can't remember the exact quote). Interesting that it has been a regular on tour since that comment.

Thank God for it
  4. Originally posted by aussiemofo:[..]

I think he meant the album version, which isn't cool. The album version is very weak IMO, as are most AB songs. But live they're all great
  5. Originally posted by markp91:[..]

I think he meant the album version, which isn't cool. The album version is very weak IMO, as are most AB songs. But live they're all great

I'll forget that you said that.
  6. Originally posted by aussiemofo:It's funny, asked why The Fly wasn't on U2's Best Of album (1990-2000), Edge (years ago now) said words to the effect that it was a song of its time, it had not kept pace, and that it had fallen away a bit. (I can't remember the exact quote). Interesting that it has been a regular on tour since that comment.

I think it depends what edition you get though - my copy of that Best Of has The Fly as track 17, although I'm guessing there's a reason for it...that Best Of (apart from TUF before it) was the first U2 'album' I ever listened to, and it's the one I usually listen to now when I'm driving 'cause I think they got the running order bang on aswell as including a great selection (albeit no WGRYWH )...

Me too...and there I was thinking Mark had an ounce of common sense in him...

7. Hahaha
    Then I got a surprise for you in the worst song topic
  8. oh album version is pretty cool too imo...
  9. Boston 2001 version is the best ive heard

Chicago 2005 is also very good

10. Originally posted by blindinglights: i'm not sure you can do a remix of elevation fly with edge falsetto because the 2 versions are in completely different keys. But if you can it'll require some kind of serious autotune manipulation.

if you could, it'd be the balls though.

11. Somehow I doubt either Bono or Edge could put together a falsetto in Ab...that's the problem lol. I mean, Bono said that's why they could never play RHMT live, because he couldn't hit those notes night after night, and that's in G (or possibly Gb assuming they played it on guitars tuned down half a step - also why Bono has rarely ever hit the "come on now love, don't you look back" in WGRYWH performances), so something equally as high but in a higher key doesn't seem possible.