1993-11-27 - Sydney
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. I think next they could do the slane castle show just to waste our time even further whilst claiming the credit of the brain dead fans who think they’re doing some sort of great deed.
  2. Originally posted by Release3:Just hoping the stream is remastered maybe? Less “noise” and more Larry in particular. I just feel like out of all the releases, the sound on Sydney is the least clear

Completely agree. I think the Adelaide broadcast has far better audio than the official Sydney release (but no audience)
  3. I mean it's something. But it was a long time ago. They understood that content creators have to create something now.
  4. Dortmund 84 must have been occupied.
  5. It’s on YouTube right now so it is totally pointless.
  6. just as pointless as the livestream over here yesterday. It's not totally pointless, but also nothing really spectaculair. TV stations are now broadcasting old programms and sporting games, F1 is streaming old races on youtube, and U2 is doing this. That this is on youtube as well; you can give credit to U2 for allowing that, instead of using that as an argument against this webcast.
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    just as pointless as the livestream over here yesterday. It's not totally pointless, but also nothing really spectaculair. TV stations are now broadcasting old programms and sporting games, F1 is streaming old races on youtube, and U2 is doing this. That this is on youtube as well; you can give credit to U2 for allowing that, instead of using that as an argument against this webcast.
    This website doesn’t charge a subscription fee so can do whatever they want and we should still be grateful. U2.com could be providing paying fans with something new. I don’t care what everyone else is doing although sky sports for example have let people pause there subscription but still receive the channels, the site is being cheap again instead of giving us something we don’t have they’re only allowing something most of us do have and can easily watch before the stream anyway. In fact they could have went 1 better and just put something we don’t have on YouTube so that all fans were getting to see it, the management nowadays must be so tight that they can’t give anything away, with a band that have made a fortune it’s a bit sad.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    This website doesn’t charge a subscription fee so can do whatever they want and we should still be grateful. U2.com could be providing paying fans with something new. I don’t care what everyone else is doing although sky sports for example have let people pause there subscription but still receive the channels, the site is being cheap again instead of giving us something we don’t have they’re only allowing something most of us do have and can easily watch before the stream anyway. In fact they could have went 1 better and just put something we don’t have on YouTube so that all fans were getting to see it, the management nowadays must be so tight that they can’t give anything away, with a band that have made a fortune it’s a bit sad.
    they just did the Berlin show a couple of weeks ago!!! What you want or expect is totally unrealistic and now you're slamming something that should just be threated as a nice gesture in bad times (I think). It's nothing more, this is not the annual subscriber gift or something. Sky sports is charging the same for a month as u2.com does for a year. And they can't deliver what they've promised. You can keep complaining but you can also just unsubscribe like I always do in between tours.
    Didn't they also donate 10 million euro's this week to something more important?
  9. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    they just did the Berlin show a couple of weeks ago!!! What you want or expect is totally unrealistic and now you're slamming something that should just be threated as a nice gesture in bad times (I think). It's nothing more, this is not the annual subscriber gift or something. Sky sports is charging the same for a month as u2.com does for a year. And they can't deliver what they've promised. You can keep complaining but you can also just unsubscribe like I always do in between tours.
    Didn't they also donate 10 million euro's this week to something more important?
    We paid for the Berlin show!!!! It’s not unrealistic it’s just not good business and it’s sad that’s what it’s came down to. Look at what Radiohead have done. Why don’t they get a tv broadcast and tidy it up a bit and stick it on there site or on YouTube? This sydney show won’t even be touched it will be the exact same quality as it’s always been and we’ve already seen. The 10 million donation is great it just shows you what can happen when the band members get involved, I think a lot of things are getting left to there management unfortunately and they’re scared to give us anything for free. It‘s not good enough either to just say unsubscribe, it’s my favourite band and I want to receive the subscriber item but I also want them to do more. It’s like football you might not be happy with what the team are doing but it doesn’t mean you should give up your season ticket.
  10. yes, you paid for the Berlin show, that was the offer indeed! So Sydney is just a bonus, only a few weeks after. And even Berlin for many is some sort of bonus as most of you are just there for the tickets, afraid to lose your rights and be the first to get access to tickets next time. Like I said, if you don't like it you better just unsubscribe, it's not near the same as a seasonal ticket for a football club. You can just get out, especially when you feel like you do that is has nothing to do with the band itself anymore. Be more self critical, it's completely ridiculous you feel the need to subscribe to something you don't think is worth it. You're not less of a U2 fan if you're not a U2 fanclub member anymore.