1993-11-27 - Sydney
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Metallica is picking rando archival material and it is working out well.
  2. The fact this thread hasn't had a new post in over 2 days tells you all you need to know about this.
  3. Facts hahahha honestly annoyed with this, they have god knows how many live shows on recording in the back room and you give us the one I’ve watched 50 times on YouTube?? Come on throw a bone for once god damn
  4. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    Facts hahahha honestly annoyed with this, they have god knows how many live shows on recording in the back room and you give us the one I’ve watched 50 times on YouTube?? Come on throw a bone for once god damn
    Absolutely they have huge vaults of unseen material as they've filmed every gig since Zoo TV, and a lot of that would be very good quality as they've basically been using a full film crew for every tour to use on their screens and for their own personal use so they can look back and review gigs,they should put up a few of the club gigs they did like the recent Apollo Theatre or the other promo tour warm up gigs they've done over the years.
  5. I watched Sydney on YouTube today, having completely forgotten about this.
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Absolutely they have huge vaults of unseen material as they've filmed every gig since Zoo TV, and a lot of that would be very good quality as they've basically been using a full film crew for every tour to use on their screens and for their own personal use so they can look back and review gigs,they should put up a few of the club gigs they did like the recent Apollo Theatre or the other promo tour warm up gigs they've done over the years.
    This. Please the '15 and '18 club gigs..
  7. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    Facts hahahha honestly annoyed with this, they have god knows how many live shows on recording in the back room and you give us the one I’ve watched 50 times on YouTube?? Come on throw a bone for once god damn

Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

This, this & this +1,000!

Why bother streaming material everybody's seen, or owns. Give us something new! There's so much great material locked away in a vault, never to be seen in most cases.

Doesn't have to be the best quality edit, it's for a stream, not a DVD release. Just employ some people to get it done. If they don't want to spend the cash without a return, charge non-members to stream it. May get a few more people signing up to U2.com too.

Me, my membership expired a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely no point in re-subscribing, as the uninspired choice of Sydney ZooTV for the stream has proven
  8. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]

[..]

[..]

This, this & this +1,000!

Why bother streaming material everybody's seen, or owns. Give us something new! There's so much great material locked away in a vault, never to be seen in most cases.

Doesn't have to be the best quality edit, it's for a stream, not a DVD release. Just employ some people to get it done. If they don't want to spend the cash without a return, charge non-members to stream it. May get a few more people signing up to U2.com too.

Me, my membership expired a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely no point in re-subscribing, as the uninspired choice of Sydney ZooTV for the stream has proven
    I'm in the same boat re resubbing. I didn't resubscribe this year. There won't be any touring and don't get me started on the "gift".

I absolutely agree if they were to put another show up for stream instead of Zoo TV Sydney they could then charge non subscribers to view therefore giving resubscribing some feeling of exclusivity. If they put up Zoo TV Washington Or one of the Apollo gigs mentioned i would probably find myself resubbing.

I all seriousness tough, how many more subscribers would they get if they had more exclusive content? 2-3 shows available digitally a year? The extra subs would have to outweigh the cost surely??

I can't help but compare to The National's fan club cherry tree (same cost as U2.com). Their latest gift was a triple LP (yes 3 LP) of a 2019 live show, a beanie, sweatband and guitar picks. They also offer exclusive items in their store just for subscribers (vinyl, clothing, accessories).
  9. Originally posted by colbourne25:[..]
    I'm in the same boat re resubbing. I didn't resubscribe this year. There won't be any touring and don't get me started on the "gift".

I absolutely agree if they were to put another show up for stream instead of Zoo TV Sydney they could then charge non subscribers to view therefore giving resubscribing some feeling of exclusivity. If they put up Zoo TV Washington Or one of the Apollo gigs mentioned i would probably find myself resubbing.

I all seriousness tough, how many more subscribers would they get if they had more exclusive content? 2-3 shows available digitally a year? The extra subs would have to outweigh the cost surely??

I can't help but compare to The National's fan club cherry tree (same cost as U2.com). Their latest gift was a triple LP (yes 3 LP) of a 2019 live show, a beanie, sweatband and guitar picks. They also offer exclusive items in their store just for subscribers (vinyl, clothing, accessories).

Yeah, I wouldn't have even bothered subscribing last year, as it's easy enough to get tickets for stadium shows. But I was going to Japan, & the order of GA entry in Japan is based on the order that tickets were purchased. So the presale code was certainly worth the cost in that case.

I'd love to know how many subscribers they lose in non-tour years. I'd expect it's quite substantial. Stemming that loss would be nice, though more exclusive content may not be enough to do this. Maybe it wouldn't add up financially to spend time & money editing & streaming more concert footage. Would be a nice gesture though, in these strange times of self-isolation. Wouldn't cost the band any time, maybe some money. More likely it'd cost Live Nation some money, that would be a major problem

Would love to see some pro shot footage of the Roxy & Apollo shows.
  10. Serious question: in your opinion what are the odds that this broadcast will feature ANYTHING different from the DVD we already have? As in, I don't know, extra content, different shots, the inclusion of Tryin' To Throw Your Arms, a non-cut outtro including Elvis... anything?
  11. I can't help but always think to what Metallica offer to their subscribers. Granted you have to pay for a lot of stuff i.e. concert audio downloads but they put up videos daily on YouTube of great quality, they actually have good items of clothing in their store rather than just album covers printed on t-shirts, they are very in touch with their fans about what fans want to see or hear (I mean that did a by-request tour... what U2 fans would give for that!!). Don't get me wrong, I love this band and always will. However, their offerings to subscribers and fans in general is just really poor. As many people have said, they must have so, so much high quality content hidden away of both studio and live variation. It seems very strange that they don't even offer a few extra bits per year as they would get a hell of a lot more interest. Just wish they would do more. Seems like they don't really care that much.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:Serious question: in your opinion what are the odds that this broadcast will feature ANYTHING different from the DVD we already have? As in, I don't know, extra content, different shots, the inclusion of Tryin' To Throw Your Arms, a non-cut outtro including Elvis... anything?

Absolutely zero chance my friend