2019-11-22 - Sydney
Turnê: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Músicas tocadas: 26
Gravações de áudio: 1
  1. True! I've only seen it once in a stadium, in Brisbane. Certainly wasn't anywhere near as good as in the arenas, as it lacked the crowd participation. Still, it would have been a more variation from Sydney 1, which is always good. Still in saying that, I didn't enjoy Best Things. One of my least favourite songs on SOE, & that version is just full. Wish Stuck went in that slot, & Love is Bigger in its usual slot.

Sydney just about always gets Desire. Angel of Harlem has been good, but I enjoyed that change, as did the crowd around me.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:Would people who buy seats miles back and then complain about the screen not just be better sitting at home and watching YouTube videos of the show?
    Of course people want that immersive experience, with the help of the screen.

Problem is, all the seats are miles back, even the $370 ones! It's just not a good venue for concerts, the field is too big. No football stadiums in Sydney atm that are the right size. There will be one right beside the SCG again, in a few years hopefully.

Yep, stadium (field) is just too big to be a great concert venue.

My sister went from front rail main stage Friday, to seats at the far end Saturday. She said all the waiting involved in Friday was worth the effort.

3. I've seen 4 shows from the back of the stadium now and have no complaints. Yes, the band are tiny on stage but you really do get to fully appreciate Anton's visuals.
  4. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I've seen 4 shows from the back of the stadium now and have no complaints. Yes, the band are tiny on stage but you really do get to fully appreciate Anton's visuals.
    Since you appreciate it you don’t have to watch the show on YouTube lol.

5. Great show yesterday! Some real nice moments and surprises. Not a fan of Desire but Stuck was great.
  6. Looks a bit wet
  7. Remy doesn't seem to be that far away!
  8. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I've seen 4 shows from the back of the stadium now and have no complaints. Yes, the band are tiny on stage but you really do get to fully appreciate Anton's visuals.
    The visuals are good from the tree-stage. I guess they'd be great in the seats on a football stadium, at just over 100m away. But 150+ m is pushing it for some people. One advantage of the smaller (perspective) screen is the centre seats can get a view of the screen that isn't impeded by any of the relay towers.
  9. A few misty drops of rain last night. The first Sydney show was a 2 hour long downpour before/during Noel, with thunder & lightning. Cleared for the show though.