1. I'd even go as far as from Miracle to SBS is perfect, literally the entire first half. It's the second half that needs some focus.

The Berlin Wall is sort of a confusing piece of imagery.
  2. Originally posted by ASortOfDesire:From the Montreal thread:
    [..]

The energy of Streets is wasted being sandwiched between two speeches and followed by Still. Streets might not do well as a closer, but it would do great to open the encore. Drop the Mother and Child Reunion, put up a big red screen and kick off the encore with some energy! Not to say that COBL doesn't have energy, but it's lethargic compared to Streets.

I'd sign that petition.
  3. 024
  4. this tour sucks, i went to see rush and they blow u2 out of the water these days

-oklahoma
  5. Did you just join this site to piss people off or what man ? Here's a link:

www.rush.com/

6. *Flies back*

Can I say one thing ?
    There's a difference between the variation between songs as the concept is right now (same show, some changes) and 2 totally new different shows, as hinted (see that I didn't say promised this time huh).

SO : I was hoping for 2 completely different shows, which would stay roughly the same on its own. So like unpair nights are always the same and pair nights are always the same.

BUT, they've abandoned the concept of 2 different shows, SO therefore I'd like some variation within it in return. You know, like you can tell the same story in different ways, right ?

Like you can take us back to youth and straightforward rock, but it doesn't always have to be Vertigo or I Will Follow. Throw in some other Boy-songs.
    They can take us to Experience with The Fly, Discotheque, Mofo...
    They can end the show with other singalongs.

Now, before people are letting their tits go again, like I said before, I do like the show and yes I get it's about pleasing the majority, so it's pretty irresistable to play eg Mysterious Ways when the crowds keep roaring, but this is my idea to turning it up another notch. From 8,5/10 to 9,5/10. (I don't give 10's)
  7. And another discussion : I also thought the show would be / could be longer, since there aren't any support acts.

Maybe make the intermission longer so they can handle it (a real intermission would probably break the story...)
    Or heck, even add a break where Bono chats with the audience like a few nights before. Band can rest, Bono wouldn't mind and they can add 5 more songs.
  8. Originally posted by BelgianBono:And another discussion : I also thought the show would be / could be longer, since there aren't any support acts.

Maybe make the intermission longer so they can handle it (a real intermission would probably break the story...)
    Or heck, even add a break where Bono chats with the audience like a few nights before. Band can rest, Bono wouldn't mind and they can add 5 more songs.
    The story is really only from Iris to UTEOTW so a proper intermission wouldn't hurt
  9. The length of the show is probably dictated by the venue's curfew policies. You can say they could start at 7:30 like the tickets say, but half of the arena will be empty at that time.
  10. Setlist:
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    The Fly
    Mysterious Ways
    Until The End Of The World / Anthem (snippet)
    I Will Follow
    Get On Your Boots
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Springhill Mining Disaster (snippet)
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    Beautiful Day / Space Oddity (snippet)
    Elevation
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    Miss Sarajevo
    Zooropa
    City Of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
    Miss You (snippet) / I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discothèque (snippet) / Life During Wartime (snippet) / Psycho Killer (snippet)
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Scarlet
    Walk On

encore(s):
    One
    Hallelujah (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    With Or Without You / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
    Moment Of Surrender
    Out Of Control
    40 / The Aaronic Blessing (snippet)

The last show I saw - 26 songs and nobody died !!
  11. I'd say to Invisible... So I'm not sure...
  12. Originally posted by BelgianBono:[..]

*Flies back*

Can I say one thing ?
    There's a difference between the variation between songs as the concept is right now (same show, some changes) and 2 totally new different shows, as hinted (see that I didn't say promised this time huh).

SO : I was hoping for 2 completely different shows, which would stay roughly the same on its own. So like unpair nights are always the same and pair nights are always the same.

BUT, they've abandoned the concept of 2 different shows, SO therefore I'd like some variation within it in return. You know, like you can tell the same story in different ways, right ?

Like you can take us back to youth and straightforward rock, but it doesn't always have to be Vertigo or I Will Follow. Throw in some other Boy-songs.
    They can take us to Experience with The Fly, Discotheque, Mofo...
    They can end the show with other singalongs.

Now, before people are letting their tits go again, like I said before, I do like the show and yes I get it's about pleasing the majority, so it's pretty irresistable to play eg Mysterious Ways when the crowds keep roaring, but this is my idea to turning it up another notch. From 8,5/10 to 9,5/10. (I don't give 10's)
    yep, they should've done something like this, it would've been a lot better. That's sort of what they're doing now but in a very mild way.
    Instead of 1 out of the first 4 on rotation, they could've tried 2 or 3 out of the first 4 or 5 (if they added an extra song on that first part).
    And instead of the 2 e-stage song rotation, they could very well use 4 or 5 songs (12-15) to do it.