1. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    Probably you're right, and October is the month of release. After all, they didn't mentioned any year, right?

[..]
    There was a recent interview with Dallas and there he mentioned that SOE will be more "rock and serious". Then obviously we don't know what Dallas thinks should be classified as "rock" and "serious".

[..]
    According to the New York Times they have their own mobile studio with them during the tour for recording SOE, so as far as we know they've been working on that stuff all this time, but I honestly don't think it's been too much on that, probably a couple of recording sessions at best.

Still, I'd guess -based on nothing- that they already have enough material to release an album, but as usual they're not happy with that yet. So it'll depend on how much willing are they to take the chance of just "finish" it and release it (this year / early 2016), or how much they think it's better to keep on working on it until they're totally happy with it (20??).

If they've been really happy about how this tour has been going on and how the new songs has been received live -the crowd reactions- then they should be more willing to take risks and we might get the new album soon.
    I'd bet money that the month off in August is spent in the studio...
  2. The fact that Dallas is talking about the album is far more than what could be said about Songs of Ascent.
  3. as a fan is hould know but what happend to the idea of songs of Ascent sorry to change topic!
  4. It was talked about a lot and potentially even partially implemented when they decided to play Every Breaking Wave and North Star during the tour, but the idea of a full album release eventually died out.

It was proposed that Every Breaking Wave, North Star, Boy Falls From The Sky, Return Of The Stingray Guitar, and Glastonbury would be featured on the album, but many of these songs eventually became a part of Songs Of Innocence. Every Breaking Wave (obviously) was heavily featured, parts of North Star can be heard in Song For Someone, Return Of The Stingray Guitar became Lucifer's Hands, and I forget where Glastonbury went because I don't really remember what it sounds like...
  5. still, it was supposed to be a three record thing. the idea for it was really clever, imo. sadly, they haven't mentioned soa in a long while, so I suppose that's as good as dead.
  6. Originally posted by flowerchild:still, it was supposed to be a three record thing. the idea for it was really clever, imo. sadly, they haven't mentioned soa in a long while, so I suppose that's as good as dead.
    i would think so yes! maybe the songs wil be on soe
  7. Originally posted by ahn1991:It was talked about a lot and potentially even partially implemented when they decided to play Every Breaking Wave and North Star during the tour, but the idea of a full album release eventually died out.

It was proposed that Every Breaking Wave, North Star, Boy Falls From The Sky, Return Of The Stingray Guitar, and Glastonbury would be featured on the album, but many of these songs eventually became a part of Songs Of Innocence. Every Breaking Wave (obviously) was heavily featured, parts of North Star can be heard in Song For Someone, Return Of The Stingray Guitar became Lucifer's Hands, and I forget where Glastonbury went because I don't really remember what it sounds like...
    Glastonbury is on Volcano
  8. Originally posted by ahn1991:It was talked about a lot and potentially even partially implemented when they decided to play Every Breaking Wave and North Star during the tour, but the idea of a full album release eventually died out.

I don't listen to North Star in SFS... I thought that that one was still available. It begs for a proper release along with BFFTS.

Also, Glastonbury should've been a b-side/bonus disc song (If Beautiful Day had Always, Volcano should've had Glastonbury).
  9. This is the classic U2 songwriting structure. Just listen to the Achtung Baby rehearsals (a/k/a Salome sessions) and you'll hear how 3 song ideas end up morphing into 1 final product...
  10. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    I don't listen to North Star in SFS... I thought that that one was still available. It begs for a proper release along with BFFTS.

Also, Glastonbury should've been a b-side/bonus disc song (If Beautiful Day had Always, Volcano should've had Glastonbury).
    Yeah, I don't buy that "North Star became SFS" theory either. Bono recycled some lyrics, but he always does that. Musically, they are entirely different. SFS borrows more from Crazy Tonight.