1. Originally posted by ahn1991:I'm not predicting anything, but I'm also not worried. I know we'll get it sooner or later. I think the big break between the NA and European legs of the tour will be when we get more info.
    A la Zooropa, my guess is they'll spend a lot of the month off in the studio.

But as you mentioned, "sooner or later" is the U2 modus operandi!

2. I wish it were true, but I don't see why October, of all songs, would herald the coming of SoE; why do you think so?
  3. Unless he meant the hint of October being the release month... But I don't see it coming that quickly...
  4. Not going to happen. The only possible time I see this album maybe coming out that early is between the NA and Europe legs, but that's a LONG shot - meaning there's like a 1% chance U2 will do it.

I think if they were anywhere near ready to release it we'd already be hearing some songs from it in the current show. Keep in mind that when they were still talking about releasing Songs of Ascent they were at least playing some new songs in the show they were touring.

At this point I'm fully expecting it never to come out, or after the tour is completely over. So like next Fall, or after, or never. U2 get tired of ideas very quickly it seems. So months ago when Bono was saying that Experience was coming out, I wouldn't be surprised that he'd be singing a different tune if you sat him down now. He'd probably say they have two more albums coming out and one of them is a rock opera while the other is a club album
  5. i hope SOE will be more rock than SOI
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Not going to happen. The only possible time I see this album maybe coming out that early is between the NA and Europe legs, but that's a LONG shot - meaning there's like a 1% chance U2 will do it.

I think if they were anywhere near ready to release it we'd already be hearing some songs from it in the current show. Keep in mind that when they were still talking about releasing Songs of Ascent they were at least playing some new songs in the show they were touring.

At this point I'm fully expecting it never to come out, or after the tour is completely over. So like next Fall, or after, or never. U2 get tired of ideas very quickly it seems. So months ago when Bono was saying that Experience was coming out, I wouldn't be surprised that he'd be singing a different tune if you sat him down now. He'd probably say they have two more albums coming out and one of them is a rock opera while the other is a club album
    I'm a little more optimistic about it happening. Not gonna happen before end of year. They'll hit the studio between NA and European legs though. I'd bet on that. The key will be if they continue the tour. (Like SOE) there's rumor and speculation about stadium leg year, but no confirmation. If they do keep it going, my guess is they get SOE out sometime spring/summer of 2016... And if the studio goes well between legs, maybe Europe will get a hint of something new... Although this setlist doesnt have much room for flexibility...

7. I don't I just was bored while waiting on the metro, thought maybe they are teasing us with October to point out the month october in which they will release SOE. Probably just a stupid link, but I just thought it would be cool haha.
  8. Agh hope not, I heard something about that too like two years ago but it was old material they ditched. It was going to be a side project.
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Not going to happen. The only possible time I see this album maybe coming out that early is between the NA and Europe legs, but that's a LONG shot - meaning there's like a 1% chance U2 will do it.

No, I think the album is probably 90-95% done as of now. They'll probably spend most of the break rehearsing it live and maybe putting some final touches on the album, but I do not expect them to spend significant time in the studio.
  10. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]
    I don't I just was bored while waiting on the metro, thought maybe they are teasing us with October to point out the month october in which they will release SOE. Probably just a stupid link, but I just thought it would be cool haha.
    Probably you're right, and October is the month of release. After all, they didn't mentioned any year, right?

Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    Agh hope not, I heard something about that too like two years ago but it was old material they ditched. It was going to be a side project.
    There was a recent interview with Dallas and there he mentioned that SOE will be more "rock and serious". Then obviously we don't know what Dallas thinks should be classified as "rock" and "serious".

Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    No, I think the album is probably 90-95% done as of now. They'll probably spend most of the break rehearsing it live and maybe putting some final touches on the album, but I do not expect them to spend significant time in the studio.
    According to the New York Times they have their own mobile studio with them during the tour for recording SOE, so as far as we know they've been working on that stuff all this time, but I honestly don't think it's been too much on that, probably a couple of recording sessions at best.

Still, I'd guess -based on nothing- that they already have enough material to release an album, but as usual they're not happy with that yet. So it'll depend on how much willing are they to take the chance of just "finish" it and release it (this year / early 2016), or how much they think it's better to keep on working on it until they're totally happy with it (20??).

If they've been really happy about how this tour has been going on and how the new songs has been received live -the crowd reactions- then they should be more willing to take risks and we might get the new album soon.