1. BTW - I just realized I put that post up without asking my friend first... I guess that screen shot was from a public facebook post, right, so I shouldn't worry about it?

2. It's more exciting than The Little Things! It's catchy as hell, man. We also haven't heard U2's "version".

And nah you should be fine with the Facebook post.
  3. I love that U2 carries around a copy of SoE to show and impress people

Man. I just keep listening to The Best Thing lately. I don't care that it's a pretty plastic pop song. It's fucking fantastic.
  4. Apparently they've been toting it for awhile. Maybe Bono found this at the bottom of a backpack he hasn't looked at since they did the "u talkin' u2 to me" podcast appearance... he was looking for a piece of gum and and was like "oh, look what i found" lol

I wonder how they choose who to share with? if they're in a rally good mood? if they get a good vibe from you?
  5. U2songs have wrote about this. There have been private listening parties with radio personalities/label executives.
  6. Guitar heavey rockers No more playing innocent
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Apparently they've been toting it for awhile. Maybe Bono found this at the bottom of a backpack he hasn't looked at since they did the "u talkin' u2 to me" podcast appearance... he was looking for a piece of gum and and was like "oh, look what i found" lol

I wonder how they choose who to share with? if they're in a rally good mood? if they get a good vibe from you?
    Probably anyone they wouldn't suspect of having a recording device on them haha. People who can influence, etc. Bono's been known to show random fans new stuff too. I'd be willing to bet if you got backstage and asked "how's the new album going"? And they had a minute to spare, they'd show ya.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Probably anyone they wouldn't suspect of having a recording device on them haha. People who can influence, etc. Bono's been known to show random fans new stuff too. I'd be willing to bet if you got backstage and asked "how's the new album going"? And they had a minute to spare, they'd show ya.
    Yup. Someone he feels he can get a good read on how they really feel about it.
  9. Either way, this album cycle isn't nearly as bad as SoI was in terms of the total blackout of news. Ever since SoI was released we've gotten little tidbits of info here and there, and it's great. A few beach clips, a few people telling us they've heard songs, etc. It really seems like the album could very likely come out this year or early next year, with the I&E tour ramping up again next year. I'd be curious to see how much the show changes when the time comes. Will they keep the setlist pretty similar and just switch out the SoI songs for SoE songs? Do a mix of both? Take out the "early days/lightbulb" theme from the beginning of the show out and do something completely different?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Either way, this album cycle isn't nearly as bad as SoI was in terms of the total blackout of news. Ever since SoI was released we've gotten little tidbits of info here and there, and it's great. A few beach clips, a few people telling us they've heard songs, etc. It really seems like the album could very likely come out this year or early next year, with the I&E tour ramping up again next year. I'd be curious to see how much the show changes when the time comes. Will they keep the setlist pretty similar and just switch out the SoI songs for SoE songs? Do a mix of both? Take out the "early days/lightbulb" theme from the beginning of the show out and do something completely different?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    It's wide open. And how soon do they ramp up tour?

They aren't getting any younger. How much does this tour take out of them. Will they be refreshed by spring? Or do they wait until summer?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm x 2!
  11. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Either way, this album cycle isn't nearly as bad as SoI was in terms of the total blackout of news. Ever since SoI was released we've gotten little tidbits of info here and there, and it's great. A few beach clips, a few people telling us they've heard songs, etc. It really seems like the album could very likely come out this year or early next year, with the I&E tour ramping up again next year. I'd be curious to see how much the show changes when the time comes. Will they keep the setlist pretty similar and just switch out the SoI songs for SoE songs? Do a mix of both? Take out the "early days/lightbulb" theme from the beginning of the show out and do something completely different?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Not to mention the wait has been a lot less time, over 5 and a half years between NLOTH and SOI, just over 3 years between SOI and SOE if it is released in December.