1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    It's wide open. And how soon do they ramp up tour?

They aren't getting any younger. How much does this tour take out of them. Will they be refreshed by spring? Or do they wait until summer?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm x 2!
    I wouldn't be surprised if SoE is their last album and the corresponding tour is their last tour. Maybe they put out a song here and there for benefits and stuff, but I think this'll be it.

2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I wouldn't be surprised if SoE is their last album and the corresponding tour is their last tour. Maybe they put out a song here and there for benefits and stuff, but I think this'll be it.

KillJoy was here.
  3. I think we'll get a slightly retooled songs of ascent after SOE with most of the work from 2009 with some new vocals and a song or two from the Rubin sessions. The id imagine one more proper album with Danny and Brian at the helm. We'll have u2 in our lives for at least another 5-8 years
  4. Originally posted by justinpushplay:I think we'lol get a slightly retooled songs I'd ascent after with most of the work from 2009 with some new vocals and a song or two from the Rubin sessions. The id imagine one more proper album with Danny and Brian at the helm. We'll have u2 in our lives for at least another 5-8 years
    I mean shit, that'd be the best thing.

(as I'm sure you guys can tell, it's a very slow Friday at work)
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

I definitely don't see SOE as there last album and the tour being there last either. I think there will be one more after that at least, possibly 2 but I'm more confident in saying 1 more . I think they'll also make it pretty clear when they're finishing up and not just spring it on us. They pretty much tell us there plans Years in advance now. I think we might have them active til around 2025, 65 years of age Bono will be then, impressive.
  6. (as I'm sure you guys can tell, it's a very slow Friday at work)

Ditto.

I'd love to see Mercy finally make it's way to a proper studio version.

The Rubin Sessions. Meh. B-sides, maybe?

One more Eno/Lanois. One more Lillywhite for 2026 release. Full circle. 50 years of U2. Ride off into the sunset...
  7. I really just hope they unleashed the treasure trove of outtakes and a new songs from the last 15 to 20 years that they've held back. Because there's got to be dozens upon dozens that have never seen the light of day. Maybe when they decide to call it a career we will get a nice box set
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

Ditto.

One more Eno/Lanois. One more Lillywhite for 2026 release. Full circle. 50 years of U2. Ride off into the sunset...
    YES. To everything you've said.

I could see the Rubin sessions being something they release after they've retired. Just like "hey we quickly finished these up, might as well put them out". Not as like a big "U2's next album" thing, just as a little one-off release for fans.

If they do a 2026 Lillywhite album, we all know what it has to be called.
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

Ditto.

That was careless of me to forget 2026 would be the 50th anniversary. That would make more sense than my 2025 prediction above. Still don't know if that would mean 1 or 2 albums after SOE depending on how long they tour for with the next album or 2.
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    YES. To everything you've said.

I could see the Rubin sessions being something they release after they've retired. Just like "hey we quickly finished these up, might as well put them out". Not as like a big "U2's next album" thing, just as a little one-off release for fans.

If they do a 2026 Lillywhite album, we all know what it has to be called.
    All My Life I've been waiting for...
  11. Well... I'd like to think 2 after SOE at least... That gives 4 years between each. Enough time to squeeze in 2 tours. Unless they go one last mammoth, extensive 2 year world tour... Then maybe one more album, which would be a nice round 15 studio albums...