1. if you mean Berlin sessions for AB - then yes, of course, it was what took them for that journey ended with Pop...
  2. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    if you mean Berlin sessions for AB - then yes, of course, it was what took them for that journey ended with Pop...
    Yes. Berlin influenced the U2 reinvention of the 90's. They were soaking in the city. They were listening to KMFDM and Einstürzende Neubauten... They were letting go of the steering wheel... They were recording at Hansa Ton and soaking in the legendary records made there before them. Berlin set the stage for 90's U2, for sure.

3. So, my buddy sent me this post from one of his contacts from last night. We all keep talking about "The Best Thing" as a single and have totally forgotten about "Red Flag Day"

Perhaps December release and spring tour isn't such a stretch after all...
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[image]
    So, my buddy sent me this post from one of his contacts from last night. We all keep talking about "The Best Thing" as a single and have totally forgotten about "Red Flag Day"

Perhaps December release and spring tour isn't such a stretch after all...
    'guitar heavy;rockers' like the sound of that. So seems like definitely no single in july as was previously rumoured but that's not particularly important, album looking good for December.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    'guitar heavy;rockers' like the sound of that. So seems like definitely no single in july as was previously rumoured but that's not particularly important, album looking good for December.
    Single in September.

And I'd much prefer guitar heavy rockers to EDM DJ ravers...
  6. I don't mind too much what they chose as single. I like the best thing but like the idea of these other songs being guitar heavy. As long as they have a good variety on the album and it sounds like from what we've heard from the best thing, the little things and the description of these guitar heavy songs we do have a good variety. Just another thought, the rumoured date of December 1st for release which someone mentioned before was world aids day, I wonder if they're going to give a financial contribution of any album sales to any of the aids charitys? Or even give all profit away? Albums aren't there big money maker now anyway and they might see it as a big opportunity to raise awareness as well.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don't mind too much what they chose as single. I like the best thing but like the idea of these other songs being guitar heavy. As long as they have a good variety on the album and it sounds like from what we've heard from the best thing, the little things and the description of these guitar heavy songs we do have a good variety. Just another thought, the rumoured date of December 1st for release which someone mentioned before was world aids day, I wonder if they're going to give a financial contribution of any album sales to any of the aids charitys? Or even give all profit away? Albums aren't there big money maker now anyway and they might see it as a big opportunity to raise awareness as well.
    Red Flag Day. We've heard it mentioned for awhile now. It hasn't been leaked as a diversion. My money is either The Little Things or RFD as single.

They'll leave The Best Thing to Kygo...
  8. The Little Things is great but I hope it's not their big single. It's not really a "single" song, it's like...a track 9 song. I'd be worried that if it IS their single, that's the most exciting song the album has to offer.
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:The Little Things is great but I hope it's not their big single. It's not really a "single" song, it's like...a track 9 song. I'd be worried that if it IS their single, that's the most exciting song the album has to offer.
    Yes. Exactly. The Best Thing isn't an all that exciting choice for a single either...

They'll go with a rocker.