1. Definitely agree dylbagz.

However, after the first initial listen im still pondering it. (im on duty today with my ship and then were out to sea so ill have plenty of time to digest it)

I love the guitar work, vocals and bass. Its really good for them. Definitely a place I have not heard them go. I agree with the above comment on Airborne Toxic Event.

Now, the part I feel islacking is the same as I felt was lacking in Ordinary Love. The drums. I know everyone is on this electrnic pop thing and thats allwelland good...but im wondering if theelectric drums so frequently isnt so much about taste as much as its about larry's wrist. Thats just speculation. On the other hand if its his tatse, I think its poor choice.The song just doesnt surge the way it should with real drums. I really hope this doesnt continue onto the record...cuz thats going to be a major hit in my eyes.

As far as the song goes...LOVE it.
  2. Eagerly awaited this song. It's a grower for sure, didn't immediately like it. But that's a good thing as most good music has to grow on me. Immediate 'hits' don't last very long.

Like the synths, the vocals and the 80's layer. Would love to hear Larry hitting real drums though, instead of some drum-machine. Can be a cracker live.
  3. Originally posted by thebonodrums:Definitely agree dylbagz.

However, after the first initial listen im still pondering it. (im on duty today with my ship and then were out to sea so ill have plenty of time to digest it)

I love the guitar work, vocals and bass. Its really good for them. Definitely a place I have not heard them go. I agree with the above comment on Airborne Toxic Event.

Now, the part I feel islacking is the same as I felt was lacking in Ordinary Love. The drums. I know everyone is on this electrnic pop thing and thats allwelland good...but im wondering if theelectric drums so frequently isnt so much about taste as much as its about larry's wrist. Thats just speculation. On the other hand if its his tatse, I think its poor choice.The song just doesnt surge the way it should with real drums. I really hope this doesnt continue onto the record...cuz thats going to be a major hit in my eyes.

As far as the song goes...LOVE it.

Yeah I agree about the drums.

The full version can only get better, surely. The intro does absolutely nothing for the song and sounds out of place to me, and the outro is boring and the song basically dies. I like the intro but it doesn't fit at the moment. Can't wait to hear it all how it should be
  4. Listening to Invisible now for about the 15th time. Still undecided...

On the plus side:
    + amazing vocal
    + very fresh intro,
    + nice synth experiment,
    + those lyrics! especially the " I'm more than..." - lines!! beautifull!

On the downside:
    - It's too short...
    - The drum is very cold, would have been better with richer drumsound.
    - After the 2.53 mark it goes downhill with the "There is no them" chanting.

It's a difficult one, this one. On the one hand I love it, but on te other hand: when the song is finished, what I keep hearing in my head is the "There is no them" (on repeat) . I would much rather have the refrain in my head then those last lines....
  5. i agree that after the 2nd chorus and 'solo' it sort off dies. they should have repeated the chorus after the 'there is no them' or something like that. but still, great track, can't wait for the album version. Really dig the lyrics too
  6. As with Ordinary Love, there is fade-out here too, although less prominent. Seems like the song continues and should run a bit longer. Album-version might be more complete, as stated earlier.
  7. Oh, and it has to be said: Invisible's Favorite Vocal Moment:

"All those frozen days, and your frozen ways
    They melt away, your face like snow"

WOW

just.... WOW!

8. Originally posted by u2joost:Oh, and it has to be said: Invisible's Favorite Vocal Moment:

"All those frozen days, and your frozen ways
    They melt away, your face like snow"

WOW

just.... WOW!

I AGREE! His best vocal in a while (not that Ordinary Love wasn't THAT bad either).
  9. la times article talking about video shoot says crowd singing "there is no them" came naturally from crowd that was there for three days shooting they added to promo. full video is coming. Also original idea was documentary style video of how song came about for commercial which is what we can see on Facebook today. It says the full length of that will be released soon as well. They said album will be out in spring but that could be old. Interview was done Friday with director.
  10. my itunes is a pile o'crap and won't let me dl the song at all
  11. What's with all the iTunes hate?