1. The "magic marker" lyric annoys me.
  2. I wonder if German Amazon will deliver.

3. Let's hope so... I don't want to miss out, or even worse, pay 40 bucks for the single!

4. I'd get you one in store but I'm busy all day on Monday and wouldn't be able to make it.
  5. not a really well written article here..

Originally posted by dylbagz:Interference article:

It’s been a few years since there’s been any new U2 material worth talking about. With the release of the music video for the band’s new single “Ordinary Love,” some fans seem to feel that there still isn’t.
    On November 21st, U2 released the first full look at any new material since 2009′s No Line on the Horizon. The music video features the lyrics to the song. It’s a tasteful, simple medium for the song, which was recently featured in the trailer for the upcoming film Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, a biopic about the famous anti-apartheid president of South Africa, Nelson Mandela.

Unfortunately, it just doesn’t have the same catch and quality that fans have come to expect. The hook, while catchy, doesn’t strike most listeners in that magical way that they might expect, and most of the lyrics are predictable, and even juvenile. It’s almost difficult to say, but it’s a little bit of let down amidst all the hype and excitement over the soon-to-be album.

OrdinaryloveIt’s a little disappointing to hear U2 write on such a positive topic and fall short like this. The song feels like it has a lot of potential, but it doesn’t quite flesh out. It’s a lukewarm kind of sensation. Not terrible, but not great either.

Some fans feel uneasy about the upcoming album, said to be coming in April of 2014, given the taste they have already had of U2′s recent music. It’s not the best we could have hoped for, but it may be important to remember that this song isn’t for the album. It is what it is: a sample piece for a movie trailer. If this were a single direct from the upcoming album, that would be something for fans to get scared about, but it’s not. And with U2 still hard at work finishing up their album, it doesn’t seem unreasonable to say they saved most of their heart and soul for the big project at hand.
  6. If Ordinary Love is an 'exclusive' release for Record Store Day which is an effort to celebrate the unique culture of independent record stores, then how is it available from Amazon, a company with very questionable employee welfare practices? Record Store day is supposedly a day that all of the independently owned record stores come together with artists to celebrate the art of music. How does Amazon qualify as a Record Store?
  7. Originally posted by TheRefugee:If Ordinary Love is an 'exclusive' release for Record Store Day which is an effort to celebrate the unique culture of independent record stores, then how is it available from Amazon, a company with very questionable employee welfare practices? Record Store day is supposedly a day that all of the independently owned record stores come together with artists to celebrate the art of music. How does Amazon qualify as a Record Store?

You're probably right. I don't really care as long as

Also, by the way; the Ordinary Love version that appears over the Mandela credits isn't the same as the one we've heard on the lyric video. It has longer outtro and more "Are we tough enough?" stuff.

And well, this is surprising. I like the song a lot, but saying it ressembles the early U2... hmm. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mandela-screening-u2-filmmakers-talk-660327
  8. Originally posted by TheRefugee:If Ordinary Love is an 'exclusive' release for Record Store Day which is an effort to celebrate the unique culture of independent record stores, then how is it available from Amazon, a company with very questionable employee welfare practices? Record Store day is supposedly a day that all of the independently owned record stores come together with artists to celebrate the art of music. How does Amazon qualify as a Record Store?

Where does it state that it is available via Amazon?

Amazon likely won't stock it. If it does show up on Amazon then it will likely be through Marketplace sellers who may well be genuine independent record dealers. True this might not be fully in the spirit of Record Store day but you can't really blame the small independents for wanting to make a few quid.
  9. fair enough. there are listings for the vinyl on amazon, although currently unavailable and previous posters have referred to amazon. Although, you're probably right in that they won't stock it.

Where in Dublin will it likely be stocked, do you reckon? Wide Awake in Europe never made it's way to the likes of Tower records as far as I could see (import, I know). Sound Cellar?
  10. If you look up the record store day website it normally shows a list of stockists. I can't quite be bothered with making the trip down.
  11. Im the same, can't be bothered either!