1. Originally posted by Remy
    2-D director of cinematography for the film's 2-D footage: Tom Krueger

Trailer: is out: as a 2D-Version to find on youtube and on U2.com in a better quality (would be great if someone can posts this better quality version here)

#1: so there will be 2D version too?
    #2: I already did that

2. Originally posted by Yogi[..]

#1: so there will be 2D version too?
    #2: I already did that

No I think there will be also some 2D parts in it, interviews 3D will be pretty boring
    And the second point, I copied the whole text from the other forum, so it was not mentioned for here
  3. "If this year's ShoWest is any indication, 3-D is quickly becoming that "killer app." Warner Bros. Intl. Cinemas prexy Millard Ochs went so far as to say, "From a distributor's point of view, the whole reason for purchasing a digital system is that I saw what (3-D provider) Real D was capable of doing for the future.
    And that was a day before a preview of footage from concert film "U2 3D" left exhibs buzzing."
  4. Originally posted by AAV711[..]

yeh I can def tell you that Americans LOVE to spend money

absolutely!!!
  5. Originally posted by Remy"If this year's ShoWest is any indication, 3-D is quickly becoming that "killer app." Warner Bros. Intl. Cinemas prexy Millard Ochs went so far as to say, "From a distributor's point of view, the whole reason for purchasing a digital system is that I saw what (3-D provider) Real D was capable of doing for the future.
    And that was a day before a preview of footage from concert film "U2 3D" left exhibs buzzing."

That let my expectations grow even more
  6. Some updates:

On the 19.5.2007 – „U2 3D“ has it’s premier in Cannes (0.30). They will show a 55 minutes version

– some sides say that there will be a fall release of „U2 3D“ with a 90 minute-version.

Perhaps they show in Cannes a version hat will be shown in IMAX theaters (most IMAX-3D-Film have a runtime of 55 minutes) – and a 90 minutes maybe seen on RealD-screens (they have a picture of "U23D" on their website).
    http://www.reald.com/

„Regal recently "quietly tested" a 20-minute version of the U2 concert film. "It was outstanding. We were just blown away," Campbell said.“
    (Campell is Chairman and CEO of Knoxville-based Regal Entertainment Group)
    Source:
    http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/busines...5528885,00.html

„And that was a day before a preview of footage from concert film "U2 3D" left exhibs buzzing."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR11...egoryid=13&cs=1

What we know right now:

Director: Catherine Owens (video to Original of the species) and Mark Pellington (Arlington Road)

3-D director of photography: Peter Anderson

2-D director of cinematography for the film's 2-D footage: Tom Krueger

Producer: 3ality Digital Entertainment

Soundtrack: Carl Glanville (did also the Chicago DVD sound)

Cutter: Olivier Wicki (it's said 700 hours of footage to be cut)

cameras used: Sony Cinealta 950
    Buenos Aires was shot with 9 3D-HD cams (Vincent Pace and James Cameron developed them)

filmed through seven shows during February, March - and a half year later some additional footage in Syndey.
    Main event: the two concerts in Buenos Aires (with all cams)

Premier: Cannes-Film-Festvial on 19.5.2007, 0.30
  7. Thanks Remy! In a week we'll know more! I wish I could be in Cannes next week!
  8. I'm also glad The Fly did make it to the setlist
  9. me to Remy the Fly and Miss Sarajevo made it on there thats what's most important

but i have a bone to pic with the setlist i wish Love And Peace Or Else would make it on there along with Zoo Station....
  10. and Until The End Of The World and Mysterious Ways and Original of The Species, Elevation and City of Blinding Lights ... heres hoping
  11. how much does an imax ticket cost?