1. The 808 will be fantastic but still a little below of DSLR's I think. No matter how big the megapixel figure is, a good optic will always beat it.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:The 808 will be fantastic but still a little below of DSLR's I think. No matter how big the megapixel figure is, a good optic will always beat it.

No doubt but an SLR in the hands of somebody who doesn't have the skills to use it is no more than a decent point and shoot (or 808 as things look).
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

No doubt but an SLR in the hands of somebody who doesn't have the skills to use it is no more than a decent point and shoot (or 808 as things look).

Sure. But while a point and shoot/808 offers what it offers and "that's it", the DSLR allows you to learn and improve. Slower or faster, that depends on you. But you can improve. I doubt someone can improve much with the options that a p&s camera offers.

4. Mine does.

It's not exactly the cheapest camera though, but it wasn't overly expensive. I've taken some photos I like a lot with it at concerts.
  5. Yeah, I know. It also has the slow-mo feature, which I want so badly
  6. My Fuji point and shoot has shutter speed and aperture settings alongside some other manual controls. Bigger cameras obviously allow for a more refined experience.

7. (from the Snow Patrol topic)

Yes, I'm experienced with photography and I know the cameras work etc., I was just curious which camera this was since most shows won't let you use a DSLR without a press pass, and that looked pretty good for a point and shoot.

8. You really think so? It used to be like that some years ago, but now everyone who wants to slip a DSLR, does it. In all the past shows I've attended there were plenty of normal atendees with DLSRs...
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

You really think so? It used to be like that some years ago, but now everyone who wants to slip a DSLR, does it. In all the past shows I've attended there were plenty of normal atendees with DLSRs...

I get bitched at at smaller venues in the front when they suspect I'm even taking video with a point and shoot (which I almost never do), or especially use the flash (which if I ever do, its on accident anyway)...I don't want to spend hundred and hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a nice camera and never be allowed to take it where I really want it.

Also I'm cheap.
  10. Yeah, smaller venues can be trickier than arenas or stadiums. I had real troubles to record Explosions In The Sky's show last November, I was on the second row (standing) and I had to hide my recorder whenever the guards at the front came near... They were shutting other people's videos off, and I wanted to record the full show! I eventually dealt fine with it but it took me some nerves! Nevertheless, that only happens when recording video, I never saw a guard telling someone to shut off his DSLR. Maybe it's different over there, though.
  11. Maybe you're right and it isn't as big of a deal as I thought...though I do know U2's policy is to not have a lens bigger than 3 inches, and that was fairly heavily enforced at the Soldier Field shows. Banging a DSLR camera around a GA pit probably isn't also the smartest thing :/