1. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I don't know the song but it was indeed a very good intro....not quite Interstellar Overdrive but still interesting.

I wish they'd release that London ON, 2013 boot so I can hear the "London Calling" intro to Corduroy.
    lack of The Stooges is a serious gap

wherever there's a bit of London Calling that's the best
    (boot coming if you want)
  2. i can't say that but i'm happy someone has the good taste to tell the truth ... hehehe
  3. Originally posted by clover68:[..]

Admittedly, I never got into much of that era...Stooges, Ramones, and other "punk rock" bands. I don't know if I just missed the boat (or never took the time to visit the boat???) but I guess I really should have done so. I suppose... it's never to late....never to late...I believe in miracles....

I do still have my copy of Nevermind the Bollocks and but I don't think that counts.
  4. Which one(s) do you prefer, Ron?
  5. Originally posted by clover68:[..]

How's the quality? I know there are audience recordings out there but I am so spoiled with the official releases that I never bother with anything else - even if I was there!
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Admittedly, I never got into much of that era...Stooges, Ramones, and other "punk rock" bands. I don't know if I just missed the boat (or never took the time to visit the boat???) but I guess I really should have done so. I suppose... it's never to late....never to late...I believe in miracles....

I do still have my copy of Nevermind the Bollocks and but I don't think that counts.
    London Calling really is one of the all time great records. It's not so much just a punk record as it's more a progressive, genre blending, beautiful double album. It's got punk, reggae, alternate rock and post-punk sounds all through it. Phenomenal.
  7. I was going to mention London Calling (which I think I still have a CD of) but I wasn't too sure if it "fit" with the others. Definitely a lot of different things going on with that record.
  8. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    How's the quality? I know there are audience recordings out there but I am so spoiled with the official releases that I never bother with anything else - even if I was there!
    it's quite good tending to very .. have to check back though

however i don't want to distract you from listening Foo' Sonic Highways as Ed strongly recommend (i support him for the record) hehehe
  9. Milano out .. hard choice .. Leeds? Berlin? Vienna? ..?
    Oslo .. Strangest Tribe push my choice
  10. The Foos....hmmmmm.....as I stated in their thread, I like stuff from their first few albums (especially the singles from The Colour and The Shape) but I never gave their "later" stuff much of a chance. I'm not sure why as their music is pretty much "my kind of music." I guess I still (probably unfairly) think of them as a second generation grunge band and make the decision to go to the "big 4" instead.
  11. Plus anyone who is a big fan of Ten has gotta love Stockholm!
  12. Originally posted by dylbagz:in other news, it turns out i was there to witness the most recent (and hopefully final ever) performance of big wave

HAHAHAHAHAHA....