1. I'll break your streak Matt.

2. Another wild and crazy Saturday night for this guy (me)!

...My wife and I did dinner and a movie today....and I do stress the "day" in today. In fact, it was a matinee (saw Gone Girl) and an "early bird" lunch at 4pm!

Home by 5:30!
  3. Went to see Interstellar last night with the wife....really really good ..almost 3 hrs , ended at midnight … just AMAZING in IMAX !

I have only listened to disc 1 from Det so far…I love the energy..such a great opening..the 3 classics into Go…MYM is ok...I could do without Amongst the Waves..song is so boring to me now (as are basically all of the Backspacer tunes for me)…same for Light Years , which I loved back in 2000….Got Some just won't die .

I have to listen to Disssident - RVM…that run looks tasty !
  4. Found this on Wiki..At many shows during the 2003 North American tour, Vedder performed Riot Act's "Bu$hleaguer", a commentary on President George W. Bush, with a rubber mask of Bush, wearing it at the beginning of the song and then hanging it on a mic stand to allow him to sing. The band made news when it was reported that several fans left after Vedder had "impaled" the Bush mask on his mic stand at the band's April 1, 2003 show in Denver, Colorado at the Pepsi Center.[1] Following a performance of the song at Pearl Jam's April 30, 2003 show in Uniondale, New York at the Nassau Coliseum, the band was met with boos from the crowd and chants of "U-S-A." Vedder responded by defending his right to free speech and the band followed with a performance of The Clash's "Know Your Rights".

Denver Fans Walk Out of Pearl Jam Show

The Associated Press

DENVER - Dozens of fans walked out of a Pearl Jam concert after lead singer Eddie Vedder took a mask of President Bush and impaled it on a microphone stand.

Several concertgoers booed and shouted Tuesday night for Vedder to shut up as he told the crowd he was against the war and Bush. He impaled the mask during the encore of the band's opening show of a U.S. tour.

"It was like he decapitated someone in a primal ritual and stuck their head on a stick," fan Keith Zimmerman said.

Keith Zimmerman of Denver was one of those who left the building as the band performed the song.

"When he was sharing his political views in a fairly benign manner -- supporting our troops, opposing policy -- that's OK," he told the newspaper. "When he takes what looks like the head of George Bush on a stick, then throws it to the stage and stomps on it, that's just unacceptable."

[Fan] Kim Mueller…told Denver's Rocky Mountain News: "I wasn't sure if it was really happening…We looked at each other and realized he really did have George Bush's head on a stick and was waving it in the air, then slammed it to the ground and stepped on it."
  5. That Denver show was insane , in a bad way . I heard from many people back then , on the PJ.com forums , who were there , saying after he "impaled" the mask the crowd wanted to rip him to pieces . Many tried to get to him .

I'm not sure what his twisted point was , by "impaling" the head of a sitting President to a mic stand…so glad it backfired on his ass .

Twofeetthick.com downplayed it big time , as did most PJ sites .

He did have the mask Matt and jacket , but the mask wasn't on from what I remember..he put it on the mic stand in Nassau..

EV was clearly intoxicated , drinking from an open wine bottle and slurring …I was one of the thousands chanting USA USA and then just split .

A shame , because up until that point , the Nassau show was brilliant .

In hindsight , if EV would have just sang the tune , as he did in 2006 , with no mask , no theatrics , I would have been fine with it . I would have hit the head or grabbed another brew….
  6. Originally posted by EDDMB:Went to see Interstellar last night with the wife....really really good ..almost 3 hrs , ended at midnight … just AMAZING in IMAX !

I have only listened to disc 1 from Det so far…I love the energy..such a great opening..the 3 classics into Go…MYM is ok...I could do without Amongst the Waves..song is so boring to me now (as are basically all of the Backspacer tunes for me)…same for Light Years , which I loved back in 2000….Got Some just won't die .

I have to listen to Disssident - RVM…that run looks tasty !
    GET TO IT!!
  7. Have it on now....."Det has a nickname , it is the Paris of the mid-west" ????........don't think I ever heard that..lol
  8. Originally posted by EDDMB:Have it on now....."Det has a nickname , it is the Paris of the mid-west" ????........don't think I ever heard that..lol
    You know whats funny, all the banter is fairly new to me because I could barely understand / hear him that night. I absolutely loved hearing Light Years, it was perfectly placed in the set. You know how I feel about Got Some, but after the initial disappointment when it started, the crowd and band energy took over and I really enjoyed it. The crowds eat that song up and its contagious when youre there. Dissident I remember being EPIC and I feel it comes through on the boot lovely...So SO SOOO many highlights for me..
  9. Thats a great gig …..no question….

Cant wait to hear Moline .

No Code in its entirety ? Damn...
  10. Not too sure what happened here.
  11. Originally posted by KieranU2:Keep the stories coming as I don't really have one to tell. I wasn't born when Pearl Jam were huge, I wasn't born when it was released. So it is great to hear personal anecdotes about your experiences when the album was released. I've only been a fan of Pearl Jam since 2006, only increased because of this forum in 2011 and has projected to constant higher heights since then.

Matt, your story is brilliant! I wish I knew about this when I was writing about the album. I wish I was 9 or 10 when the album was released but there's nothing you can do about that.

Vitalogy - Live (in 2006)
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!IJMmTT5R!iFsYUEM8G8mewYbFHBGSHw
    1. Corduroy
    2. Last Exit
    3. STBC
    4. NFY
    5. Whipping
    6. Satan's Bed
    7. Tremor Christ
    8. Nothingman
    9. Better Man
    10. Immortality

I used the 2006 tour because:
    1. No good recordings of Nothingman from 1994/5 tours.
    2. Not allowed to share 2014 tour files on a public forum. It being the 20th anniversary, I really should (and will) make something using these bootlegs but...
    3. I already had this 2006 one pretty much ready to go.

Enjoy!
  12. detroit is nice. great opening, fucking brilliant. probably my favourite ever. great crowd, nice set, makes for a good show. definitely one of the better ones from the tour. congratz mofo and rummy