1. there you go... this topic bumps up to the top of the active topics again and you think "oh no, god, there you go, she comes up with some sort of illness stuff again, yadda yadda "

not today. really, not today, beloved friends. It is a time for good news today, so let's celebrate in our own way , shall we, you will see why

update:: today, my friends, is Jan 17th. Iz is an anniversary for me, because on this day exactly one year ago in 2013 I had my 3rd brain surgery in Duisburg as you might recall. I survived. I did, and it was not a given I did, I went through some thngs since then - but here I am, still able to be a nerve-wrecking nag on you guys here thank god.

However, the good news now a zillion control checks fill my schedule these days. Yesterday I went to the radiologist, she did an EEG - the stroke I had in November/December left no damage at all doc said I was incredibly lucky I got away with it like that, and she meant it in all seriousness. Happy happy me *knocks on wood*
    Then today, next stop endocrinologist. Main result the professor had for me: Cushing syndrome is beginning to slow down in progress, which means it may not get me down soon but seems to give me more time to work on it. And time is so precious. Main thing to say: it is getting better

never fully, but for now, for today, I got good news. I got the hope for time given and I wanna celebrate. Every day we celebrate life is great, and I wanted to share with you you carry me through every dark and tough moment, so I take you through this happy day now as well it is shortly before midnight here now, and I'm going to put on the Rose Bowl dvd now in just a minute, switch to Streets, turn up the volume like woah, rock the house with this holy sound and go party

I love each and every one of you, guys. I do. Feel yourself hugged. And some other things, too, haha
  2. Fabulous news!! Huggelyhugs!

3. Yes it is, Bono.

So glad for you, my dear. No need to go into detail but... Much love
  4. Great great great news ! Have your celebration, party girl !
    (Yes it's a stupid pun, I know)
  5. Great, great, great news!!
  6. Great news Kirsten, you are an inspiration to us all
  7. That's amazing, some good news is always very welcome
  8. Fantastic news Kirsten! Let's keep it positive and keep on going
  9. Excellent to read, Kirsten

It's about time something good came you way! Let's hope it continues.
  10. Very glad to hear the news, Kirsten! Grab this victory with both hands, and celebrate the good news.

I kinda have an idea what your going thru as my mom has been battling the same sort of issue you have and has had multiple surgeries over the past 5 years.

I'm happy you got some good news finally to start the new year off on the right foot.
  11. one of my best friends (you know who you are ) told me you guys here take every good-news post I do as encouraging, in a positive way. I want to thank you for that, as I never really know how to form into words how grateful and touched I feel and always felt whenever you left and leave your comments here. What would I be without your friendship and support, and even though I don't even answer every time or to all the single comments, believe me when I say I think of all of you every day, I do, and you all carry me through, no matter what. Just saying so you know

that being said, I admit that these days I have to face a zillion appoinments with the doctors. Controls, treatments on several side effects of the things that make life a wee bit more complicated -- but today, just today, I want to share the happy things with you, my dear ones.

Tonight, for the first time since the trombose thingy knocked me off my ducky feet, I made brave use of my carpe diem adventure idea and..... went to the Arena Auf Schalke with my dad tonight. Some of you know I own two season tickets. I was unable to go lately, and I admit I was very scared to go today ...not fit and all... but then, when I collapsed in November it was here at home without any stress or physical tough situation, so going with my dad to the arena being careful and all was just the right thing to do after all.....let's enjoy life whenever we can and hallelujah we won 2:0 in a great game vs Hannover

it is just football and many of you are not into it at all -- but I'm posting this to say I was there, I went, because life can be good, too, even if every-day-life holds its shadows, and you mean a great deal to me so I share with you that I sang there and kind of felt like dancing and I smiled and I talked with friends there and.......right, I relived August 03, 2009 when J. and me stood down there in the pic in row 1 on the outer circle Edge's side during our boys' incredible show

this is meant to be a positive post in this tough topic here for a change. Let's enjoy the happy moments when they're there. Hugs to all of you, dear friends. I mean it. You know me.