1. cheers, my friends, and thank you for your love. I give it back to you... virtually

okay, it is christmas soon and not nice to talk about illness these days, so let's keep this short. Here is what happened the other day:

On November 21 I had an appointment downtown at my doctor's office for a regular check-up, one I always have every 4 weeks. I was downstairs in my parents' apartment to dress up (my dad needed to give me a ride as I still can't see enough to drive on my own). I don't recall what happenend then, bu my mom told me much later that I suddenly wore training pants (for a doc's vidit, yeah right). She asked me something but I stared "through her", not reacting at all, then I collapsed into her arms. My parents called 112 (=911 emergency call) and I was rushed to hospital. MRI etc, all was done- On the way to hospital I cramped two times.. They found out I had a stroke in my brain. I spent one whole week on the ICU, the drugs giving me the worst nightmares in my life (don't ask, it was bad), my parents were worried about my survival until the docs gave good news on day 4 that I would most probably make it.
    After one week I was released to the "regular" stroke unit and spent 2 weeks there...until I was released.

So all in all I spent 3 weeks in hospital after a stroke that thank goodness did not do any harm to my physical or mental abilities (well, with the latter you never know... ). They did bad and hurtful treatment to me, the doctors, but they all just wanted to help me get back into life again. I'm getting even more pills now to prevent another stroke, and to get rid of the bloody hemathom that is still there in my brain, eep . But all in all, I am home. I am back with my parents. I have friends who care, here and in real life :3
    I got new friends in hospital. I had one of the best phone calls ever while I lay in hospital bed, thank you, Dave.
    I got your card today, Charlie, and never apologize again, my friend

I'm alive. I can walk and I can speak. And I love these ol'guy<s of U2. I am so grateful. And S04 will kick out Real

Enough of sadness. In a few days it will be 4 months since Emiel made one step closer to knowing. The fest of love without him for his family and for us, for the first time without him around.. Always in our hearts. The pain subsides, the love will always remain
  2. -double,sorry-
  3. Well, it's great to hear that you're home

Have a good Christmas, take care!
  4. Thanks for sharing this, Kirsten (such a moving, and humbling, post!) - *so happy* to know that you are back home and that this whole episode is behind... all best wishes for Christmas and for the new year - we are with you!
  5. Glad to hear you have such good family and friends around you,
    makes life that little easier despite circumstances,
    at least you dont have to go it alone like some do.
    Thank you for your updates, and I must add you are one tough cookie and positive, I love it
    Have a nice lovely holiday, and my prayers for your health and peace are there for you..
  6. Some people you just wish the best possible holidays, hope you get one!
  7. Great to see you're back and doing better
    I hope you'll have the most wonderful holidays one can imagine
  8. Sending you all the best wishes, prayers, and energy in the universe. Stay strong Kirsten!
  9. Have a good Christmas Kirsten
  10. Have the best of Christmases Kirsten
  11. Whenever I feel like I should write you a sms, I come in just to find you've written something in this thread, my dear. I'm a bit late to the party, but my wishes are heart-felt anyway... So glad you made it, K ♥

So glad you made it home
    Home in time, the day that's light
    So glad you made it home
    Made it in time for daylight

12. Nice to see you here Kirst !!

Happy xmas and 2014 will be a good year for you !