2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by ric:i was thinking about this today and i think i'll prob give the setlist party a miss on this one. i want to fully absorb myself in it.. might see if i can watch it downstairs in the front room in HD on the big screen with full cinema surround sound

then again i doubt my parents would be too impressed by the volume levels i'd require! might have to be a headphone job..

who cares about your parents
    tell them to go out to dinner or something
    book them in a nice romantic hotel suite for the night
    and anyway, what's a bit of noise gonna do
  2. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:It would be in BBC's best interest to broadcast it all anyway. I think we'll see the whole thing in 1080 HD on torrent sites yeah? <3 Cuz i wont be able to see it >.<

Absolutely. If the broadcast ends at 00:30AM, I think that around 3AM we'll have 3 or 4 torrents of 1080p recordings knocking around (and plenty of AVI rips).
  3. What do you guys think/hope will be the intro...Soon? GOYB remix?? Stingray?? I'm hoping for either GOYB (south africa) remix or Soon.
  4. Originally posted by blink:What do you guys think/hope will be the intro...Soon? GOYB remix?? Stingray?? I'm hoping for either GOYB (south africa) remix or Soon.

Popmuzik > Mofo (joke, of course)

I think EBTTRT will open tbh.
  5. I don't think they'll open with any of the openers we already know (unless it's Soon, but they won't be back to Breathe so no), specially the ones which segue from Bowie's Space Oddity... I seriously think they might open with Glastonbury or Where The Streets Have No Name.
  6. I think it's gonna be Stingray, should rock the place very much
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:I don't think they'll open with any of the openers we already know (unless it's Soon, but they won't be back to Breathe so no), specially the ones which segue from Bowie's Space Oddity... I seriously think they might open with Glastonbury or Where The Streets Have No Name.

I'd say they'll definitely have Glasto in the setlist, but it needs to be somewhere in the middle so Bono can do some seriously long blabla before it so that people know the song was especially written for the festival etc.
  8. Mooooofoooooo, Moooofffofooooo
  9. Originally posted by MacStripey:[..]
    but it needs to be somewhere in the middle so Bono can do some seriously long blabla before it so that people know the song was especially written for the festival etc.

as has been said before (and not just by me) massive mistake to play that song but even more MASSIVE mistake if he does that before it...!
  10. posted by MacStripey (Member) on 2011-04-25 01:44 pm quote

I think it's gonna be Stingray, should rock the place very much

mistake as his prancing will turn into a joke. it needs to be wow, wtf and rock!!!, ebttrt or streets imo.
  11. They'll save Streets until later in the set...in case they need it...kidding.

Agree with the comment that playing "Glastonbury" would be a mistake. Shelve it it for now and, hech, assuming the performance is a success (it will be) release it as a single afterwards.
  12. I don't imagine them opening with Stingray, there's no outter ramp for bono to go in and pump them up like when they're on the Claw. Although Stingray WOULD sound awesome and trippy enough to excite the audience.