2011-02-18 - Cape Town
Tour: U2 360° Tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 6
  1. they should bring back the Streets intro from the vertigo tour with the african countries' flags on the screen
  2. God no!!! It was the worst Streets...

3. I think he was talking about the images of the flags only, and that's a great idea
  4. No flash during Streets = No good Streets.
  5. What's the over/under on "Times Bono will say/sing the word "Africa""?

I'd say.....24.5?

6. I think it would be quite humorous if they decided to drop "Streets" from the setlist for these two shows...they DO have a sense of humour don't they?.... hmmm, maybe not so much about Africa, though.

Come to think of it, there's nothing funny about "Streets" being omitted from a U2 show.
  7. I dunno about the flags...they made me cringe a bit.
    But they totally should bring back the Vertigo Tour intro for COBL. This one sucks.
  8. Do you guys expect a suprise setlist here?
    I think they will make it a greatest hits setlist, that means Pride, Bad and maybe Stuck will be in the setlist.
  9. I'm really hoping that they've absolutely forgotten about Stuck In A Moment with the change of decade.

10. I'd get ready for a lot of ATYCLB songs....they haven't gotten their fill in S. Africa yet.
  11. Since it's a new year, it could be that they want mix stuff around & add new stuff to the set. OR it could be that they keep the set from 2010, and just replace the mid-set thing before In A Little While they usually do. Or it could be that I'm talking bullshit.

My personal changes would be take out In A Little While & Miss Sarajevo. Don't know what to put in, but just please take those two out.
  12. They haven't been to Africa since what, 98? That means they missed out on the Elevation and Vertigo tours. Which means the band will probably keep "Elevation" around, wouldn't be surprised to see "Stuck" back in the set, "In a Little While" will still be around (gag me)...if the band is using their heads when they write the setlist, they'll realize Africa has never seen these songs live before, and they deserve a chance to.

Do I agree with this? No. Do I see their reasoning? Yes. Besides, this may mean that rare acoustic performance of Stay will be back, since that was a big Elevation Tour thing too.

But I'd also be surprised if they didn't play some special songs for being in such a unique and special place. I would be surprised to see "Scarlet" still around, but I'd also be mildly surprised if they just went right back to "MLK"...maybe something like "October" or something else short.

Basically, in summary, I'd expect Stingray thru Still Haven't Found to stay the same, Stuck/Mercy/All I Want is You to round out the middle, return to form with IALW and perhaps a new song before COBL, and the rest of the show stays the same with the exception of the possible "October" change I mentioned. Johannesburg will get Hold Me Thrill Me, Cape Town will get Ultraviolet. Those are "staples" in the encore- it's not fair to not give them one or the other just because they were so far down the receiving end of the dates.