2011-02-18 - Cape Town
Tour: U2 360° Tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 6
  1. I hope they play " Boy Falls From The Sky " , I think it's a good song to a encore
  2. Just read on Dutch tv text (teletekst) that the Johannesburg concert might be in jeopardy. They stole a lot of power supplies from the stadium which now needs to be repaired and they don't know if they have enough time.
  3. Originally posted by Malahide:Just read on Dutch tv text (teletekst) that the Johannesburg concert might be in jeopardy. They stole a lot of power supplies from the stadium which now needs to be repaired and they don't know if they have enough time.

whoops.
  4. the Claw inside that stadium is gona be a sight to see

5. 'the Claw inside that stadium is gona be a sight to see'

i think it will be in a more central position on the field than at the majority of the shows because of the stadium roof.
  6. Originally posted by alanofjones:
    'the Claw inside that stadium is gona be a sight to see'

i think it will be in a more central position on the field than at the majority of the shows because of the stadium roof.

Nah, they've played plenty of roof-ed (?) stadiums and they didn't change stage's position, at least not a lot. Moving the Claw to a more central position on the stadium (although it'd be much more spectacular) would mean losing GA space, and that would mean losing money. And McG won't accept that
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Nah, they've played plenty of roof-ed (?) stadiums and they didn't change stage's position, at least not a lot. Moving the Claw to a more central position on the stadium (although it'd be much more spectacular) would mean losing GA space, and that would mean losing money. And McG won't accept that

haha, so true

on a more serious note, I truly wished I could afford the flight to Africa these days. I would love to see them play there, really.

7 days to go
  8. I wonder if both shows are sold out, anybody knows?
  9. I'm curious about if they are gonna to play another "fresh" song
  10. On February 13, at the FNB stadium, in Soweto, Bono and his band will play in front of "probably their biggest crowd they've played to" -- 110,000 people.

Concert promoter Penny Stein said that only 2,000 tickets were still available for the Johannesburg concert, which forms part of the Irish band's 360-degree World Tour.

The 70,000 tickets for the February 18 concert at Cape Town stadium were sold out within a week in October.

http://www.atu2.com/news/5900-staff-for-u2s-two-concerts-in-sa.html
  11. I saw Johannesburg stadium capacity for football is 94 700! wow!