2011-02-18 - Cape Town
Tour: U2 360° Tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 6
  1. It's too bad that "Stuck" and "In A Little While" were overdone in 2009/2010, respectively. They are good songs - just not great ones that should have been played as often as they were.

Time for "Mysterious Ways" to have a rest. Same might be said for (and I hate to say this because I love the song) "Until The End of The World." Moving these out can make way for (the shelved-for-way-too-long) "Even Better Than The Real Thing" and (the return of) "The Fly." These would be crowd favourites, just as the current Achtung Baby tracks are so.
  2. Can't say I'd prefer Even Better to UTEOTW, but agree that MW needs a break, especially if it's for The Fly

3. I too prefer UTEOTW to EBTTRT (although not by much) but I can't see them playing more than three (possibly four if UV makes an appearance) tracks from Achtung Baby. One isn't going anywhere and I think EBTTRT and The Fly should be played at some point on this many-legged tour.

... off to watch the Superbowl. I like that two classic teams are playing but I really couldn't care less who wins... wrong forum, anyway.
  4. I'm so down for something like this (but I know it won't happen) :

1. Return of the Stingray Guitar
    2. Magnificent
    3. Get On Your Boots
    4. Magnificent
    5. Mysterious Ways
    6. Beautiful Day
    7. Until the End of the World
    8. New Year's Day
    9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    10. Elevation
    11. Mercy
    12. All I Want Is You
    13. Miss Sarajevo
    14. Zooropa
    15. City of Blinding Lights
    16. Vertigo
    17. Crazy Tonight / Discotheque (medley)
    18. Pride / SBS
    19. Mothers of the Disappeared
    20. Bad
    ______
    21. One
    22. Amazing Grace (snippet) / Streets
    23. I Will Follow
    ______
    24. Batman / UV
    25. WOWY
    26. MOS

This setlist makes sense I think, it's not too far from what they've been doing. (zooropa is used in the intro for the Questions segment, just go into the full thing with the scene extended)
  5. I'm so down for something like this (but I know it won't happen) :

1. Return of the Stingray Guitar
    2. Magnificent
    3. Get On Your Boots
    4. Mysterious Ways
    5. Beautiful Day
    6. Until the End of the World
    7. New Year's Day
    8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    9. Elevation
    10. Mercy
    11. All I Want Is You
    12. Miss Sarajevo
    13. Zooropa
    14. City of Blinding Lights
    15. Vertigo
    16. Crazy Tonight / Discotheque (medley)
    17. Pride / SBS
    18. Mothers of the Disappeared
    19. Bad
    ______
    20. One
    21. Amazing Grace (snippet) / Streets
    22. I Will Follow
    ______
    23. Batman / UV
    24. WOWY
    25. MOS

This setlist makes sense I think, it's not too far from what they've been doing. (zooropa is used in the intro for the Questions segment, just go into the full thing with the scene extended)

6. i hope this could be an "impossible" song as it was Your blue room in 2009 (even if it's more a zooropean song ).
    but i think south african setlist will be very classical. in my opinion there will be some changes and news in America more likely in US

7. I agree the red lights on the 360 tour are amazing (one of my highlights) maybe it cud go red lights>>>> JT video footage>>>> Flags
  8. The fact of the setlist being with to much "hits" is something that it's much possible, but they can change in some important points of the show, the " social war " is Egypt is something that would be mencioned in the show by Bono, almost sure . And with that and some other things, like being in South Africa they can pick up some "rare" songs from other albums .
  9. are they any broadcasts planned on tv and/or radio from South Africa?
  10. The claw is growing ..