1. Almost the same set... Maybe they recorded the shows or something?

I don't know if Kieran finally made it to the 2nd show but the absence of Rococo made me think of him haha
  2. Both shows were amazing performance-wise. I did make it to the final show, albeit as soon as the curtains came down for Reflektor. Grabbed two tickets for over half the price of face value. And yes, I was obviously pissed off at the addition of Rococo, but what can you do?

There were signs outside Earls Court on the first night about a recording taking place and when you got inside, there were cameras on both sides of the crowd. On the second night, no cameras were to be seen. In fact, the second night was considerably more tame than the first. I was located next to the sound desk for the first night and was literally two feet away from Regine when she passed to make her way to the b-stage. I got swarmed with security guards so she could get there easily with no people trying to touch her etc.

I was a bit disappointed by the similar sets. I was hoping for a different opener each night, but I can't really complain considering I got a ticket for £15 the second night. Also a little disheartened by no Keep the Car Running too. Overall, great weekend. Last time I'll see them for a while, I guess.
  3. Normal Persom is definitely my favourite opener that I saw. Month of May would be nice too
  4. Why do they play Power Out - Lies so early?Kinda like their Streets, imo.
    Their show from Pinkpop yesterday:

Great show, they had to stop earlier because of the storm that was coming over.
  5. I think it is because the set works so well. They finish with Wake Up so it's all kosher.
  6. They're in that sweet moment when they can do whatever they want and still get praise for it, I think. I agree that Rebellion should be played later in the set, but it's still great where it's at. Hopefully they don't get too tired of touring anytime soon and I can see them...
  7. Be thankful that they're playing Power Out / Lies again. I've seen them three times and never seen that combo

8. Yeah, it does work well. But most bands always keep their best, greatest songs for last. So I was kinda suprised by how early this (amazing) combo came.
  9. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]

Yeah, it does work well. But most bands always keep their best, greatest songs for last. So I was kinda suprised by how early this (amazing) combo came.

Moment of Surrender, 40? Vertigo? Love is Blindness?

I actually can't think of one band I've seen that's finished with what is generally regarded as their best song, other than maybe Bruce occasionally finishing with Thunder Road
  10. When I saw them Power Out / Rebellion was early in the set and it was AMAZING. I don't think it needs to be too late in the set, it's pretty similar to Wake Up so they should be far apart from each other in the set imo

and Wake Up is the perfect closer
  11. Seen Wake Up at the #3 slot, it just doesn't work anywhere but last. Power Out closed that particular show.

On another note:

'Will noting that Barrowlands one of the highlights of the whole tour.' Lucky for those there!
  12. And I was there for the first night. Magical. Up there with the best for me.

I think the second show had Normal Person to start with followed by Wake Up. Encore was Reflektor and ended with Power Out. Wish I was at that show too, had tickets for QOTSA though.