1992-06-15 - Rotterdam
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 5
Videos: 1
  1. Noiseless thanks a lot - as usual, really really great stuff!
  2. Thanks Noiseless, will download at home
  3. Hi all. Been away for a while. But to pass a bunch of sad nocturnal hours over the last few months, I decided to pick up this project again. I've never been that satisfied about this matrix so I started from scratch again. Nice thing to do when you're nervous.

I started off a little different and used more audience in the mix. People might disagree as it is not exactly the best AUD source, but I just felt like it. I didn't like the dry and harsh sound of the SBD and the AUD source softened the sound quite a bit.

Moreover, I especially kept an eye on the stereo image. It was messed up big time, now it's pretty natural throughout the show. All in all to me it's a nice listen, and it sounds like I wanted it to sound: raw and brutal. So to speak, it reflects my mood while I was working on it.

Some might barely hear the difference with the previous version but to me it's quite an upgrade. So it's about time to release the lossless files (some of you pm'd me to ask for the lossless files - I'm sorry, I haven't answered many mails lately). Here you go: http://www.u2start.com/torrents/details/155/

Besides, here's a link for the lossy version (v0): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2ETDA8CW
    As always, it's Megaupload so you might have to try several times before the files actually appear.

I'd be happy when someone could replace the links in the download section.

Dedicated to LPGVS. Who's gonna ride your wild horses.

Enjoy. Do me a big favour: play this VERY LOUD and OFTEN and please don't share without the dedication.

noiseless
  4. I hope everything's alright in your real life, noiseless, and if it's not I wish you a quick recovery. You've been missed 'round here, glad you're back

Thanks a lot for the reworked matrix, I'll download it as soon as MegaUpload lets me! But knowing your past works, I swear it's excellent even without hearing it
  5. I'm doing fine. Some accident waiting to happen, finally happened. But no-one ever promised me breaking wild horses is an easy job. So hey hey, sha la la.

Reminds me of how powerful music is. Apart from miss Dedicated, I didn't post much anymore because I was a little bored with U2 and I was sick of myself posting negative comments on a fan site. But I listen quite a lot to U2 lately. Old loves are strong, obviously

And what some people say about matrixing, remastering etc is true: it's completely subjective. So you'll hear a matrix that of course is not too bad from a technical point of view, but it expresses something personal because I wanted it to sound like it does: sometimes sweet, sometimes raw and with wild peaks. In other circumstances I would have compressed the vocal range, because there's some pretty brutal screaming at spots. But I intentionally left Bono pretty wild and high in the mix, as it suited my mood.

This matrix might be for sad lovers rather than for audiophiles.

Cheers
  6. Thanks Johan. I like your first matrix very much. But I will download your new one, when I'm home from work.
  7. A matrix for sad lovers rather than for audiophiles.... This looks good
  8. Very happy to get this matrix. Would I want to burn on CD, someone to be able to say where to find cover?
  9. No better way to get home from a long weekend!

Thanks a lot!