1992-06-15 - Rotterdam
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 5
Videos: 1
  1. Okay, knowing the sources were quite useless, I tried to matrix the Rotterdam June 15, 1992 show, just to see what would happen.

Er, quite useless?
    - Yes, quite useless because the best SBD in circulation is at least 3rd gen and you can tell. Random speed fluctuations, swirling hiss, no dynamics, rough mix, unlistenable. The (mono!) AUD is video sourced and even worse.

So, why?
    - I like the show and was curious what could possibly be recovered of the material.

And?
    - Well, not too much. That is, I'm not quite satisfied by the result, but there is some result and why not sharing it if there's interest.

Is it better than what we already have?
    - Yes. For this show everything is better than the currently circulating crap. But again, don't expect much.

What was done in the process?
    - The SBD has been speed corrected, assuming the AUD source ran in the right speed. Then it was cleaned up as much as possible: hiss reduction, stereo imaging, low and high end recovery, EQ-ing, and so on. The AUD was heavily EQ'd, and to create a fake stereo effect some reverb has been applied. Then everything was mixed together, followed by song-by-song final EQ'ing. No compression on any source, neither on the master mix, to preserve the poor dynamics as good as possible. All in all, the process took dozens of steps and I can't remember everything.

Blah-blah, do you have a sample?
    - Yes.

I don't want a defective matrix. I want perfect stuff only!
    - Call Paul McGuinness and demand access to the recordings in his basement.

So, it's not that good, but at least it's a Zoo TV show. And it's for free!
    - :wink: Enjoy.

MP3: Mediafire

Megaupload mirror:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

FLAC: To follow if there's interest

U2, June 15 1992, Sportpaleis Ahoy, Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Complete show
    Matrix SBD+AUD

01 Zoo Station
    02 The Fly
    03 Even Better Than The Real Thing
    04 Mysterious Ways
    05 One - Unchained Melody
    06 Until The End Of The World
    07 Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    08 Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    09 Angel Of Harlem
    10 Dancing Queen
    11 Satellite Of Love
    12 Bad - All I Want Is You
    13 Bullet The Blue Sky
    14 Running To Stand Still
    15 Where The Streets Have No Name
    16 Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    17 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    18 Stand By Me
    19 Desire
    20 With Or Without You
    21 Love Is Blindness
  2. A show from my hometown! Thanks thanks thanks!

Will grab it and add it to the pages

Even though you mention its not a great matrix I know its the best possible. You are a legend!

EDIT:
    It sounds better than i expected! I couldnt get One - Unchained Melody to extract though Tried to download it again, same error

But it sounds much more than decent
  3. Originally posted by Risto:A show from my hometown! Thanks thanks thanks!

Will grab it and add it to the pages

Even though you mention its not a great matrix I know its the best possible. You are a legend!

EDIT:
    It sounds better than i expected! I couldnt get One - Unchained Melody to extract though Tried to download it again, same error

But it sounds much more than decent

Whoops.

The original rar's on my HD decode fine. Maybe something went wrong while uploading. My bad: Mediafire = always trouble.

I'll provide Megaupload mirrors.

About the sound: some tracks are better than others
  4. Just One is ok as well. I can repackage the files. You already did the toughest job
  5. I am uploading it now. My speeds sucks but it will be available in an hour

Many thanks again
  6. Thank you Johan for another great ZOO-TV Matrix. I know it's hard to do this with analog-recordings. I'm really happy with this! Can you please upload the lossless-Files on u2torrents? That would be very nice from you!

If you upload this on u2torrents, it will be very popular, I promise!
  7. Thanks much indeed for this. That was a great show. I have it in CD in my hometown, but I don't remember the title of the bootleg. Bono's voice wasn't top anymore at the very end of this second leg (see WOWY), but that's one of the first U2 bootlegs I got, back in the day. I used to listen to it a lot. The show features a great Mysterious Ways among other things.
  8. Thanks a lot noiseless for another upgrade of yours. I love what you did with Sarajevo and Tel Aviv, so this one will be great, too.
    In fact, I only discovered this bootleg 2-3 weeks ago when I bumped into a youtube video of Still haven't found. The audio was very good, so your upgrade will let it sound better despite you being not so satisfied (??!??)

Thanks Risto for the upload!!!!

Cheers
  9. Why u2torrents? This is u2start you know

MediaFire links will be available later today!