1. Originally posted by LikeASong:Mysterious Ways + Where Is The Love was pretty amazing if you ask me. I loved the transition. And also love how Bono snippeted One into WITL, it fitted amazingly

yeah i also like the guitar parts from Edge on this one
  2. If no bootleg has surfaced by the time I hit home this evening, I will rip all video's sound and upload as our first bootleg. It's better than nothing
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:If no bootleg has surfaced by the time I hit home this evening, I will rip all video's sound and upload as our first bootleg. It's better than nothing

that would be much appreciated
  4. I heard something of Bruce interrupting Bono's speech. Any more on that?

5. Here's a review I came across on a Bruce Springsteen forum. The Bruce/Bono incident is highlighted in bold.

The audience is plugged in now as the stage revolves and the screens tell the story of British rock and then punk. We know what’s coming. Four lads from Ireland that have set the world on fire. Here they are and we all get Vertigo. How good are these guys? Very, very good. Bono fades the song out with a dash of Its Only Rock and Roll (but I Like it) and the crowd acknowledges The Stones influence. The next song is a new one and its received just as well, Magnificent. Now Bono is talking about the song he wishes his band had written. He says that since this is a special night and the Irish need to do special things, he wants to bring out two special people. Its Bruce and Patti Smith!! And that’s Roy Bittan to handle the ivories. We know what’s coming and the band launches into Because the Night…but Patti sputters. She misses her cues completely and the song is lost, but the band continues and Bruce takes a blistering solo. The Edge is watching him and he isn’t smiling, he’s watching as if, how does he do that?? The song ends..and what’s going on Bruce is signaling to Bono. He wants to do this song again. I realize that this is being filmed for HBO and Bruce wants to make sure Patti makes the cut. They do it again, and again she misses her cue but Bono actually sings the words into her ear, and she gets it back. The song goes through again in its entirety. I am kind of amazed that I have gotten to see Bruce and Patti sing this song twice in one night. Bono starts to preach a little bit about the healing powers of music and Bruce is either wary of time or tired of PSA’s…he laughs and says ‘c’mon lets have a little fun with it’. The band launches into With or Without You with Bruce and Edge trading licks and Bruce and Bono trading vocals. Its ethereal and one of those perfect rock and roll moments. Just for that I am glad I am here. Bruce walks off to cheers and Bono introduces the next song by saying “let’s play some Irish dance music” and it’s into Mysterious Ways. How good? The Edge is using his pedals to perfection and the place is just alive.Out of nowhere we some forms moving on stage and it’s the Black Eyed Peas and Mysterious Ways slithers into Where is the Love. Outrageous and fun, it’s now a disco rock party, with Will.i.am and Fergie and Bono sharing the mics.The Edge is creating distortion and everyone is dancing. Bono ends the song by fusing it with Marley’s One Love. Bono picks up a guitar and only Fergie and Will remain on stage with the band. Will is piano and Fergie takes a place on the riser by Larry Mullen. The opening chords of Gimme Shelter begin and who is that’s coming stage left? MICK! The crowd erupts and Jagger launches into the song . He shimmies and shakes and Fergie hits every high note perfectly then she is off the riser and moving towards this guy who symbolizes the culmination of rock royalty. His stick thin legs still move like he is standing on electrified floor and Fergie moves sensually along with him. What a song, what an entrance. Mick thanks the crowd and calls U2 a great “backing band”, to which Bono responds that they are available for weddings and bar mitzvahs. Now Mick and Bono duet on Stuck in the Moment and you can tell how much they are enjoying this moment. It ends and Mick goes off stage with that big smile of his, knowing he just killed the NY crowd. U2 leave and no one is sure if they are going to come back but they do, and it’s “Beautiful Day” which is done less as a hymn than as a rock song. It just seems to push harder with Claytons bass booming with Mullen’s drums, Bono’s vocals soaring over the crowd. As the song ends, Bono fades out singing “because the night belongs to lovers…because the night”. The show ends and the lights come on..
  6. one word:

historic

any boots yet?
  7. Article says they played WOWY...journalists and facts
  8. Aborting mission. Youtube is giving me lots of problems and I can't get right any stream of the videos. I will try again tonight

9. Yep, Gimmie Shelter in Brussels is one of my all fave live songs ever.
  10. here is night 1

Here is the entire Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Show October 29, 2009 in four parts.

Part 1: CSN http://www.megaupload.com/?d=15KT81PM (sorry about the missing ID tags on part 1)

Part 2: Paul Simon http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3VZOEJA

Part 3: Stevie Wonder http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OKMBUDDF

Part 4: Bruce Springsteen http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXZEFJD0 (NOT dukewx remaster)

Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame 25th Anvs. Concert
    Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
    October 29, 2009

Featuring: Crosby Stills & Nash; Bonnie Raitt; Jackson Browne; Paul Simon; Simon & Garfunkel;
    Stevie Wonder; Sting; BB King; Jeff Beck; Sam Moore; Tom Morello; Darlene Love;
    John Fogerty; Billy Joel; Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band... and more

AT933 (4.7 Mod)>Battery Box> Edirol R-09
    Audacity for level adjustment and fades.
    Trader's Little Helper for the rest.

Incredible Night of music. Had an "limited view" seat that was more like no view at all!
    To add insult to injury the section also had no sound! Recorded Tom Hanks and Jerry Lee
    Lewis from there and relized it wasn't going to be very good. Quickly relocated myself
    to one of the expensive seats and luckily it's rightful owner never showed up.

As such the sound on the first two track isn't the best, but included for the sake of
    completeness. Other issues include a talkative crowd during CSN (guess they weren't fans);
    also had an equipment issue near the end of Simon & Garfunkel's set. Didn't miss any music
    but the recoding levels did peak a bit on "Cecelia" Did my best to even things out in
    Audacity, but it's still a little uneven.

Other than those issues this is a excellent recording of a great night!

Enjoy!

Note: The dotted lines represent fade outs, which were made with Audacity at the set changes.
    I have no suggestions for disc splits.

Tom Hanks welcoming speech.
    Jerry Lee Lewis:
    Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
    -----------------------------
    Crosby, Stills, and Nash
    Woodstock
    Marrakesh Express
    Almost Cut My Hair
    Love Has No Pride (with Bonnie Raitt)
    Midnight Rider (with Bonnie Raitt)-TRAIN WRECK
    The Pretender (with Jackson Browne)
    Mexico (with James Taylor)
    Love The One You're With (with James Taylor)
    Rock and Roll Woman
    Teach Your Children
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul Simon:
    Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes
    Me & Julio Down By The Schoolyard
    You Can Call Me Al
    The Wanderer (with Dion)
    Here Comes The Sun (With Crosby, Stills & Nash)
    Late In The Evening Alone (with Crosby, Stills & Nash)
    Two People In The World (with Little Anthony & The Imperials)
    Simon & Garfunkel:
    Sounds of Silence
    Mrs. Robinson/Not Fade Away/Mrs. Robinson
    The Boxer
    Bridge Over Troubled Water
    Cecelia
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stevie Wonder:
    Blowin' In The Wind
    Everything's Alright
    I Was Made To Love Her
    For Once In My Life
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours
    Boogie On A Reggae Woman
    Tracks of My Tears (with Smokey Robinson)
    Mercy Mercy Me (with John Legend)
    The Way You Make Me Feel (with John Legend)
    The Thrill Is Gone (with John Legend & BB King)
    Livin' For The City
    Higher Ground/Roxanne/Higher Ground (with Sting)
    Superstitious (with Jeff Beck)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
    Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
    Hold On I'm Coming (with Sam Moore)
    Soul Man ( with Sam Moore)
    The Ghost Of Tom Joad (with Tom Morello)
    Fortunate Son (with John Fogerty)
    Proud Mary (with John Fogerty)
    Pretty Woman (with John Fogerty)
    Jungleland
    A Fine Fine Boy (with Darlene Love)
    Da Doo Ron Ron (with Darlene Love)
    London Calling (with Tom Morello)
    Badlands (with Tom Morello)
    You May Be Right (with Billy Joel)
    Only The Good Die Young (with Billy Joel)
    New York State Of Mind (with Billy Joel)
    Born To Run (with Billy Joel)
    Higher And Higher (with Darlene Love,John Fogerty,Sam Moore, Tom Morello, Billy Joel,
    Jackson Browne & Peter Wolfe)

11. That and it was Bob Marley's One Love apparently, not One??!