1. Originally posted by prideofzootv:sky news says there is controversy over U2s set in Berlin, waiting for it to come on but it said something like...

"20 years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, and a new wall is built for U2, find out more about the controversy coming up"

sky news is thee worst news source of all time. Wrong topic to boot
  2. Just watched the video with Mick Jagger. Confirmed he is one of the worst well known singers of all time. Strangled cats are more in tune. I positively yearned for Bono to start singing. Good Lord.....
  3. Originally posted by djrlewis:Just watched the video with Mick Jagger. Confirmed he is one of the worst well known singers of all time. Strangled cats are more in tune. I positively yearned for Bono to start singing. Good Lord.....

I have to say, I didn't find it pretty. Ah well.
  4. Originally posted by CowboyBabe:I went! Not only were THEY amazing but the entire show was UNBELIEVABLE! I cant believe anyone could have put together such an amazing line up and fantastic show.

I was there too! I had an amazing time...even from the nosebleed seat that I was in.

U2 were amazing...I loved seeing them play with Bruce. Patti Smith was annoying as hell...Bono and Bruce shouldn't give in to her...I mean did they really need to do Because The Night 3 times to placate her?? Geez!

Contrary to popular opinion here...I think that Jagger was really great! Seeing him do that strut that he does, live, was so much fun! I didn't think that he sounded bad...and it was funny to hear his spin on Stuck In A Moment. lol

The band that turned the night around, in my opinion were Mettalica...I never saw them live and was blown away....they're soooo tight! I loved seeing Ozzy too!

Of course the highlight for me was U2, though...I saw them 5 times on the 360 tour so far, and seeing them sans claw was like a breath of fresh air. It was a very cool night and I feel lucky to have been there...even if I was in the nosebleeds...lol

5. Audio - bootleg
  6. Rock Hall of Fame Concerts Coming to DVD.

U2's performance at last year's concerts celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will be included on a 3-DVD set that's being released later this month. The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concerts (aff link) is available now for pre-order on Amazon.com; the release date is September 28th. According to Gibson.com, the DVD set includes the same performances as the four-hour HBO special that aired late last year. As we reported then, that means it should include all of U2's set with the exception of one song:

* "Vertigo" - U2
    * "Magnificent" - U2
    * "Because the Night" - U2, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen
    * "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" - U2, Bruce Springsteen
    * "Gimme Shelter" - U2, Mick Jagger, Black Eyed Peas
    * "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" - U2, Mick Jagger
    * "Beautiful Day" - U2

Not included in the HBO show was U2's performance of "Mysterious Ways - Where is the Love" with the Black Eyed Peas. The DVD set will include lots of "bonus performances," so if you're holding out for that song, cross your fingers.

http://www.atu2.com/

http://www.amazon.com/25th-Anniversary-Rock-Roll-Concerts/dp/B003VRV9FY/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1283880935&sr=1-2

7. 5 years to this legendary mini-show

8. Oh that bit of One at the end. Very nice.
  9. I was hoping Hear Me Coming Lord by Bono (it really fit) but he stuck to the standard chorus. It's very nice anyway, as you say. The whole MW>Where Is The Love thing is brilliant.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was hoping Hear Me Coming Lord by Bono (it really fit) but he stuck to the standard chorus. It's very nice anyway, as you say. The whole MW>Where Is The Love thing is brilliant.

I hate it. Cheapens a great song for me.