1. It seems so:
    www.u2gigs.com/article925.html

Today information regarding U2's next tour has been posted on fansite Interference by site founder Joel Tanner (Elvis). Those of you who have been around U2 fansites since the early days know that Joel has had good sources and been reliable in the past - but at the same time we emphasise that this is a rumour and is not confirmed.

The information pertains specifically to North American dates and when the tour will go on sale.

North American dates: The tour will start in the US and take place during May/June 2015. U2 will play arenas as hinted over the last month; the general admission floor of previous tours will continue. Specific venues and dates are yet to be finalised because of NBA and NHL playoff commitments.

On-sale date: The public sale will be on 22 November. Presales will occur before this date.
  2. I like having a public sale in less than a month time BUT I definitely dislike they're starting the tour in the US again
  3. Crap so should I renew my subscription now even though it expires in January?
  4. Probably...

5. Yep...
  6. May/June is a really strange time to start an arena tour in the US because you have all these indoor sports events that make scheduling difficult. It's much easier to schedule stadiums during this time because Football (American) is pretty much done. It's also strange because it doesn't set up well for a European summer leg, which I guess is generally preferred if they want to do a mix of indoor and outdoor shows.

Anyhow, I think it's interesting that we have potential ticketing information, but still nothing regarding what this tour will actually look like.

7. Why exactly? means they'll be all warmed up when they get here
  8. Originally posted by ahn1991:May/June is a really strange time to start an arena tour in the US because you have all these indoor sports events that make scheduling difficult. It's much easier to schedule stadiums during this time because Football (American) is pretty much done. It's also strange because it doesn't set up well for a European summer leg, which I guess is generally preferred if they want to do a mix of indoor and outdoor shows.

Anyhow, I think it's interesting that we have potential ticketing information, but still nothing regarding what this tour will actually look like.

Who's mentioned a mix of indoors and outdoors?

With this starting date scheme, I see it as a potential Elevation Tour part II... Arenas in the US during spring, then fly to Europe and do arenas (only arenas) during July, August and September... Then off to US again for Autumn. And then it becomes Vertigo Tour part II, stadiums in South America / Australasia, and then back to the US and maybe Europe for a stadium leg in 2016 after Songs Of Experience is released?
  9. I think it's good that a tour starts again in the US, it's venue-wise a good choice and it's "the turn" again after previous tour started in Europe. Exciting times!
  10. Originally posted by Remy:I think it's good that a tour starts again in the US, it's venue-wise a good choice and it's "the turn" again after previous tour started in Europe. Exciting times!

360 Tour started in Europe, but all main tours since 1987 (Lovetown aside) had started in the US, so we're not tied yet I want to see them so badly, I can't wait for almost a whole year