1. I am a big fan of the Love town encores with the BB King Band.

As I said in another topic, I would like to see U2 with some extra musicians and singers.

A piano/keyboard player on stage, not one in the basement. So Edge can focus on just playing guitars

2 backgroundsingers, for supporting the highnotes. (for Red Hill Mining town, and the many chorus on SOI).

A string quartet. (TUF, One Tree hill, One, WOW, Kite, Walk On etc etc )

Percusssion for the dance songs. (Mysterious ways, Crystal ballroom, Ultra Violet)

Maybe quit drastic, but why not?

U2 never done this before.

(Springsteen is not touring, so enough good musicians available)
  2. Edge & Adam were on Planet Rock, UK earlier today in what sounded like a pre-recorded interview.
    Adam said the tor next year would start in the US and come to Europe after the summer. The show, he said, are to reflect "the two sides of the band".
  3. Which mirrors what he said in the Q interview.
  4. So probably autumn 2015 in Europe then
  5. If any iteration of this tour gets "Kite" with strings I'll explode with emotion.
  6. I can definitely see Kite returning for the next tour. Would fit nicely from a thematic point of view.
  7. Time to renew at U2.com, I guess.
  8. Just renewed
  9. Excitement is building....
  10. Originally posted by Moisturefarmer:Edge & Adam were on Planet Rock, UK earlier today in what sounded like a pre-recorded interview.
    Adam said the tor next year would start in the US and come to Europe after the summer. The show, he said, are to reflect "the two sides of the band".

Start in the US? Hmmmm. Not liking it. Where is Germany in May then?
  11. Rumour is confirmed on u2gigs.com. Tour to start in arenas in may/june in the US.