1. Originally posted by colbourne25:Yeh, I'll still only believe that when I hear an official announcement. I definitely think this will be U2's last album. All the signs point to it being so.

The one thing thats pissing me off through all this is that the band and/or their management aren't even trying to keep the fans interested. Even little things like a live ep or single, or a limited release of a single on vinyl, or releasing a few b sides or SOMETHING. ANYTHING! its all good and proper to have rumours etc, but geez its frustrating that its like they've fallen off the face of the earth with absolutely no attempt to keep fans interested in their music. I for one haven't listened to any U2 in probably 18 months and that saddens me somewhat. Even any of the releases I just mentioned may be a trigger for me to delve into their back catalogue.

Anyways thats my rant.

Let's wait until the album is out, no?
  2. Originally posted by colbourne25:Yeh, I'll still only believe that when I hear an official announcement. I definitely think this will be U2's last album. All the signs point to it being so.

The one thing thats pissing me off through all this is that the band and/or their management aren't even trying to keep the fans interested. Even little things like a live ep or single, or a limited release of a single on vinyl, or releasing a few b sides or SOMETHING. ANYTHING! its all good and proper to have rumours etc, but geez its frustrating that its like they've fallen off the face of the earth with absolutely no attempt to keep fans interested in their music. I for one haven't listened to any U2 in probably 18 months and that saddens me somewhat. Even any of the releases I just mentioned may be a trigger for me to delve into their back catalogue.

Anyways thats my rant.

They're also in their 50's, have dedicated their entire lives to music, and maybe want to spend the rest of their free time doing other things that interest them and/or be with their families. I'd say you can point the finger at their management and "company" in general like U2.com for not being constant with material. As far as the four men go though, they're most definitely not the only band who goes quiet between campaigns. On top of that, after 360 they probably wanted to stay out of everyone's faces for a little while.

I wouldn't be surprised if they WANTED to be mostly forgotten about (sort of) so everyone's palette is clean for when they come back.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

They're also in their 50's, have dedicated their entire lives to music, and maybe want to spend the rest of their free time doing other things that interest them and/or be with their families. I'd say you can point the finger at their management and "company" in general like U2.com for not being constant with material. As far as the four men go though, they're most definitely not the only band who goes quiet between campaigns. On top of that, after 360 they probably wanted to stay out of everyone's faces for a little while.

I wouldn't be surprised if they WANTED to be mostly forgotten about (sort of) so everyone's palette is clean for when they come back.

Yep yep. Not sure about the last line - given what they said since 2009 about n. 13, they seem to have wanted to get it out sooner than they actually will... but, unconsciously, they might have very well wanted to draw a line.
  4. IRISH TIMES: U2 ALBUM FINISHED, BAND HAS OK'D TOUR SCHEDULE
    Posted: August 09, 2014
    By: Matt McGee
    An article in Saturday's Irish Times includes a number of rumors about U2's upcoming album and an associated tour.

Citing a "music industry source," the Times says that U2's new album is finished and the band has approved a schedule for the album and a tour:

... a music industry source now predicts that there'll be a "single in September, album September-October, tour announced December, first date April next year.

"The album has been actually been finished for a few months, but a decision was taken not to release during the summer months because of holidays etc. There was one last, frantic scramble earlier this year to get a big single, so they got Adele's writer-producer, Paul Epworth, into the studio."

The band are understood to have signed off on the album and tour schedule, but they have had last-minute changes of mind before.

The article goes on to say that the upcoming release is expected to happen "with little of the fanfare usually associated with a new U2 album" and that the track listing and artwork for the new album are being finalized this week.
  5. Originally posted by dieder:IRISH TIMES: U2 ALBUM FINISHED, BAND HAS OK'D TOUR SCHEDULE
    Posted: August 09, 2014
    By: Matt McGee
    An article in Saturday's Irish Times includes a number of rumors about U2's upcoming album and an associated tour.

Citing a "music industry source," the Times says that U2's new album is finished and the band has approved a schedule for the album and a tour:

... a music industry source now predicts that there'll be a "single in September, album September-October, tour announced December, first date April next year.

"The album has been actually been finished for a few months, but a decision was taken not to release during the summer months because of holidays etc. There was one last, frantic scramble earlier this year to get a big single, so they got Adele's writer-producer, Paul Epworth, into the studio."

The band are understood to have signed off on the album and tour schedule, but they have had last-minute changes of mind before.

The article goes on to say that the upcoming release is expected to happen "with little of the fanfare usually associated with a new U2 album" and that the track listing and artwork for the new album are being finalized this week.

Oh oh...
  6. Link here:

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/u2-stuck-in-a-moment-1.1890477

McGuinness in May:

"It’s very different from what they have done so far but still sounds like U2."

Translation: more of the same!

"Bono sings better than ever. As he gets older his voice is even more interesting”

Translation: he's sounding like Tom Waits - I always thought he should have quite smoking. You're warned!
  7. This is so exciting! I think this month I really will start putting money away for the tour, just 8 months away
  8. They are probably confusing us on purpose... but yeah, my feeling is that album will be out soon enough, and I certainly don't like the rumours of further delays...
  9. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  10. The rumors are aligning... I like it!
  11. Yep, the lads are shooting a video.