1. So they are not recording album ?
  2. The Apple bit could be credible as it lines up nicely with an Apple event in September (also means we'll hear something soon!)
  3. I still can't see U2 headlining the iTunes Festivals but I understand why the rumour has revived. Great update by Mr. Balart, he's so lucky when it comes to meet the band...
  4. Nice update, for sure. But I actually wonder why Apple would be interested in teaming up with U2 again. A band with no new material or growing popularity in the past years. Apple also lost their momentum a bit in the recent years, loosing ground to Android/Google. But minus and minuls equals plus, so who knows..
  5. The way I see it - their new song will be in ad for Apple. Which is a great thing. You can't get any bigger than that in terms of marketing.
  6. ^ that. It's the wisest they can do if they want relevance. And it could work pretty well if the song is catchier than Invisible and rockier than Ordinary Love.

But I somehow agree with Casper too, I wonder why Apple would want to team up with a band that's nowhere near the popularity it had back in 2004 (God, it's been TEN effin' years since Vertigo & iPod). Apple is arguably still the biggest technology company in the world (they do great computers, music players and enhanced features besides their phones, which is the only field they've lost ground to other OS) - but U2 is obviously not the biggest music band in the world anymore, and both parts should know that and deal with it. But I'm glad that U2 might be in the spotligths again, and I don't care how. Viva Apple if they make my band popular again
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:^ that. It's the wisest they can do if they want relevance. And it could work pretty well if the song is catchier than Invisible and rockier than Ordinary Love.

But I somehow agree with Casper too, I wonder why Apple would want to team up with a band that's nowhere near the popularity it had back in 2004 (God, it's been TEN effin' years since Vertigo & iPod). Apple is arguably still the biggest technology company in the world (they do great computers, music players and enhanced features besides their phones, which is the only field they've lost ground to other OS) - but U2 is obviously not the biggest music band in the world anymore, and both parts should know that and deal with it. But I'm glad that U2 might be in the spotligths again, and I don't care how. Viva Apple if they make my band popular again

Well who is? Coldplay? But they made two shit albums, which weren't really succesfull either. Other than that, really big bands aren't around anymore. Most of the big stars are pop artists (imo Coldplay is too). So if they want a rock group actually there isn't a lot of choice.

Besides, comparing with other artists, U2 is still one of the biggest names around. Other artists, Rolling Stones, Madonna, Bruce aren't really a match for Apple.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:^ that. It's the wisest they can do if they want relevance. And it could work pretty well if the song is catchier than Invisible and rockier than Ordinary Love.

Agree about the exposure. But the song definitely has to be good then. They can't get away with Invisible or OL (which I hear on the radio now, as I type this).

Maybe they're very certain this time. And maybe they will surprise us all.
  9. Originally posted by Yogi:The way I see it - their new song will be in ad for Apple. Which is a great thing. You can't get any bigger than that in terms of marketing.

Apple is unavailing new IPhone6 and probably IWatch so my thought is after Sept 9 event new commercials always hit the air just after and U2 video could be tagged.
    So does U2 wait to release song after commercial or would it already be on airwaves a couple of weeks before? Either way my guess is two weeks three weeks and we should have a new song!
  10. Thanks to your post, Jason, I actually just realized that September 9th is just around the damn corner!
  11. Isnt Apple also launching it's new music streaming service in september? A new U2 song to promote it

12. That's correct I forgot about that. Also if U2 does do a commercial it will be close to 10 anv of IPod commercial with Vertigo.