1. This really means album. Like, for real!

Although the French also mentioned the possibility that they may be doing work for John Carney's Sing Street instead:

À moins que ce ne soit pour le prochain film de John Carney, Sing Street. Puisque le groupe irlandais va réaliser l'essentiel de la bande originale.

That's certainly just ludicrously wild speculation... but, after 5 years, I'll only (fully) believe it when I see it...
  2. Yeah, the Sing Street bit was certainly discouraging, but let's hope it's the full band and it's a single video what they're shooting!! Fingers crossed, expectation engines at full speed
  3. The future needs a big kiss
  4. Originally posted by JuJuman:This really means album. Like, for real!

Although the French also mentioned the possibility that they may be doing work for John Carney's Sing Street instead:

À moins que ce ne soit pour le prochain film de John Carney, Sing Street. Puisque le groupe irlandais va réaliser l'essentiel de la bande originale.

That's certainly just ludicrously wild speculation... but, after 5 years, I'll only (fully) believe it when I see it...

I was thinking right now that, even though the band is going to write the soundtrack for the movie, it doesn't mean necessarily that they have to shoot a video for that...unless they are going to release another single like Ordinary Love, but, come on, who would really need it now?
  5. Apparently they are shooting until Saturday. This is certainly a video. Video, single, album, promo tour, tour - unless it's another one off, like Invisible, or some side project. But I'd assign a very low probability do either option. In all likelihood, album it will be, at very long last...
  6. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=924886587528594&id=657144754302780

Finally back home I can share with you all our story in the South of France.I will try to summarize the highlights:
    - The band has been recording in the Riviera Studios virtually all week that ends today. Speaking with security members they had even lost track of time after such a long sessions. If we think of the Twitt that appeared on Tuesday and referring to Monday, I understand that the guys have been since Monday 11th until Friday 15th at least. That's only my guess, but it is sure that they have been there on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. It seems that have already finished.
    - Our meeting took place on Thursday 14 after many hours waiting. Only the 2 of us in the morning and joined in the afternoon by an Italian couple and a French couple with their two sons.
    - Security came out occasionally to say that we did nothing there and that U2 were not in the Studios. Ridiculous attempts to make us go when we had already seen Dennis Sheehan, Sharon Blankson, Brian Murphy (Bono's bodyguard), the car used by Bono at Cannes Lions with the same driver and even two members of the band at the wheel of their own cars.
    - About 23:30 Larry Mullen leaves at the wheel of a BMW ignoring we all.
    - About 00:00 hours two vehicles come to the entrance of the Studios. The first is a beautiful black Bentley and Adam Clayton at the wheel. He gets off the car and ask us to leave some space for the second car to leave. I hand him a copy of "U2 in Spain" and tell him about the book. Suddenly The Edge gets off the second vehicle and shakes hands hands with we all. The 2 of them spend a few minutes with us. for autographs and pictures. Adam says goodbye and leaves while we ask The Edge about the album and if they have finally finished it. The answer is as always ... short and not concise .... "Almost finished".
    - It's almost 1:30 when an Audi Q5 stops. That's Bono's car, who gets off and shakes hands also with us. Photos and signatures for everyone. While signing a photo of himself with the book "U2 en España" says he liked it and he had been looking at it the day we gave him a copy in Cannes (June 20th). I mention that it is "unfortunately" in Spanish and he answers: "You know I speak spanish very well .... 1,2,3, ..... 14".
    - With the band out we talk to Brian Murphy When are you going to tour? "Very very soon" .... emphasizing the VERY. We say that the rumors say April in USA and he smiles saying "Not bad". We asked him about the new songs and says that we will like them very much. That we should not expect something like Invisible and although it is clearly different they have the sound to U2. Please take this as it is...just comments from someone very close to the band that are nor confirming neither denying anything).
    - Friday morning.... Breakfast in a shopping center and we find Julian Lennon, son of the late Beatle and very close to Bono. We talked to him. We tell him we had been with Bono the day before. He asked if it had been at the "recording studio". We replied at the Riviera and their answer is "I think they are shooting an Apple commercial." Again this is just assumptions but we might think : 1) The group is or has been finishing the album in a study in southern France. 2) A new partnership with Apple is confirmed.
    - Not confirmed at all but it seems obvious that if they spent all this time at Riviera Studios they had to time to shoot something more than a simple commercial.
    - On Friday 15th we go to the studio at 22:30. There are 3 Italians, two of them waiting from 6 in the morning. Finally they were able to meet Bono just a few minutes before our arrival. The rest of the band left but did not stop.
    I think that's all. It seems we will have to wait very little.
  7. Just imagine a new Apple product with U2 music in the commercial. The exposure doesn't get any bigger than that.
  8. sweet update

9. Indeed. It went quite well with a song called Vertigo I've heard. Could be a huge deal.
  10. Great update, looks like something's finally happening.

Well...we hope.

2) A new partnership with Apple is confirmed.

Ten years since the last deal. Be even sweeter if there was one of those collections like 'Unreleased And Rare'.
  11. Might be an iPhone 6 Commercial, which i couldn't be less interested in.
  12. Awesome update, very exciting. The Apple think could be interesting.