1. Unlikely indeed!
  2. Originally posted by loftarasa:some users from the German forum have reason why this MUST be a fake:

June 13th is a Friday. Normally international release dates are either on Monday or Tuesday (only in Germany it's on a Friday).

The original picture that was used for the cover can be found here:
    http://sites.livebooks.com/site-chooser/details/703/esteem/medium
    ^^ The photo was taken by a photographer called Andrea Brizzi and can be bought on livebooks.com: "liveBooks is the leader in professional websites for photographers, website templates, website design and mobile iPad and iPhone sites."

It's rather unlikely the person responsible for U2's cover art will get the picture(s) for the cover from a site like this.

The first reason has been discussed at length already. June 13th is indeed a Friday but that is a staple date for album releases in Ireland and Australia.

As for the second reason, well spotted.
  3. There we go.. Now I'm stuck in the moment. Pun intended.
  4. I hate april fools.
  5. Soo about this new album.....
  6. Originally posted by loftarasa:some users from the German forum have reason why this MUST be a fake:

June 13th is a Friday. Normally international release dates are either on Monday or Tuesday (only in Germany it's on a Friday).

The original picture that was used for the cover can be found here:
    http://sites.livebooks.com/site-chooser/details/703/esteem/medium
    ^^ The photo was taken by a photographer called Andrea Brizzi and can be bought on livebooks.com: "liveBooks is the leader in professional websites for photographers, website templates, website design and mobile iPad and iPhone sites."

It's rather unlikely the person responsible for U2's cover art will get the picture(s) for the cover from a site like this.

Rings a bell?

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/jan/20/u2-album-cover-hiroshi-sugimoto

Not a legit reason to dismiss this imo
  7. Originally posted by sparko:So with 200€ someone paid for a fake for this?

[image]

I tried to bid on these, but they are way too expensive. But when you say they are fake, I don't need to worry I didn't get one.

I got it for 1'29€ on iTunes, y'know? 200€ is a rip off
  8. Originally posted by dieder:definitely a fake now I noticed that on the back sleeve it says "Universal music publishing international bv"

A BV is not international, but it's a dutch abbrevation of 'besloten vennootschap' (private company)...so a Dutch 'fan' probably made this one up

Good detective work on finding the original image. Although U2 have used stock images before, remember when the Boots video first leaked?

I'm not sure the BV is reason enough to declare it a fake as U2's publishing company is based in the Netherlands? Hence all the controversy re: where they pay their taxes, etc.

On another U2 fansite they reckon it is likely fake as there is no mention of Island on the back cover and there had been much talk of U2's return to their spiritual home and all that.
  9. Universal Music Publishing BV is actually an existing company, located in Baarn, Holland. Literally close to my hometown. The company is owned by a foreign entity, a sort of Investment Group located in Paris. It represents the Dutch part of Universal Music.

But I don't know why a promo would have this on its sleeve instead of the international version/address of Universal.
  10. There's nothing odd about having that on the back cover. The 1990-2000 'promo only' DVD that came with that compilation has 'Universal Music International BV' on the back cover and I'm sure that's only one example. In fairness to whomever created this fake, they did a decent job. Alas, the wait continues...
  11. Hmm... I still fear it's a joke. We've been fooled too many times before...
    But I must admit it actually looks kinda realible.

However, if somehow this is legit, they're gonna butcher All My Life ; Mercy-style. And Andrew will tear down his house in anger. I guarantee it.
  12. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Hmm... I still fear it's a joke. We've been fooled too many times before...
    But I must admit it actually looks kinda realible.

However, if somehow this is legit, they're gonna butcher All My Life ; Mercy-style. And Andrew will tear down his house in anger. I guarantee it.

Hahahaha!!!!! Poor Andrew