1. perfect
    this thing close a circle, started some years ago, marking the end of what is the real concept of U2, beyond the music
    something i grew up with spending 3/4 of my life with, proud of it
    and now it's not there any more

no smiley could show what i'm feeling
  2. @dylbagz

No, it's some obscure album from the start of the 90s.
  3. In the meanwhile, Broken Bells keep making awesome music:

http://www.nme.com/news/broken-bells/73631

I got myself some of the Shins album, and - compared to that - Broken Bells really are from another planet. Danger Mouse must be such a great musician.

I can hear his mark on the new U2 song.

Why does it always take so long to write a U2 album? Why does it always rain on me?

Oh well...
  4. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:How on God's green earth does this suck?

They're going to make a massive announcement on the most watched television program of the entire year.

They're looking for someone to sponsor it? So what! Super Bowl ad time literally costs about $4 million. It's a great way to offset your cost a bit and still reach about as many Americans at once as humanly possible.

U2 IS BACK! And you guys are complaining?! It's taking awhile, but it's already taken SO long! We can wait another few months for the official announcement and then the album! THE GEARS ARE TURNING!

There will be a tour! There's going to be a new stage, new setlists, new concerts, new stories, new U2start members, new users meeting for the first time, new collectibles, new takes on old songs.......we should NOT be complaining about a quasi-announcement that finally puts us on a timelined road to getting this site back to HUGE like it was over the 360 tour!

I wanna break the boards with Kieran and Olof. I want to run setlist parties. I want to start the official thread for the Chicago stop. I want to rank the songs on the album every week. I want to see old users come back to shoot the shit.

I am excited. And you should be too.

Thanks for the mention dude.

I thoroughly agree with this post. Like all things U2, it will surprise you. I have a feeling that it won't 'suck' in the end. It will all be dandy as soon as it is announced.
  5. Indeed, good thoughts!
  6. that they're looking for a partner probably means that they are looking for a brand that wants to do an ad with their new single or so
  7. I wouldnt mind one song being a radio freindly relevant song that gets played to death over the airways, i just want to see my favourite band (the best ever imo) dominate the charts one more time, crushing the current crap that passes as music these days. Unlikely, but i can dream. I nominate All My Life as the song hehe
  8. Originally posted by Andrew_C:I wouldnt mind one song being a radio freindly relevant song that gets played to death over the airways, i just want to see my favourite band (the best ever imo) dominate the charts one more time, crushing the current crap that passes as music these days. Unlikely, but i can dream. I nominate All My Life as the song hehe

U2's first and second UK no.1's were...anybody?

A lot of great modern music doesn't make the charts nowadays. I completely take your point but big names don't have to have their new material ranked by success in that sense - the boys could learn a lesson or two from Bowie on this..
  9. Originally posted by KaiserJose:[..]

U2's first and second UK no.1's were...anybody?

A lot of great modern music doesn't make the charts nowadays. I completely take your point but big names don't have to have their new material ranked by success in that sense - the boys could learn a lesson or two from Bowie on this..

Did Bowies record sell good? I honestly don't know, but I do know that haven't heard it on the radio or seen it on tv. He did create a hype around it, but did it pay off? (In the sense that he made money, which imo is what the whole ''relevance''' thing is about)

Oh and I love Matt's post. He is right, it will be fun. Even when the album is crap we will say it isn't and act like they are back in the game etc. Then the tour will start and I can't wait for the setlist parties.
  10. Any body here not a U2.com suscriber who would like to buy From the ground up from me for $30 australian dollars?
    I already have one copy and dont need two